Stars plan their Yuletide cheer

Guest Andy

Stars celebrate - Stars plan their Yuletide cheer

Sunday Telegraph

18 December 2005

Rachael Taylor has just one hope for 2006: to repeat the success she's had in the past 12 months.

Taylor (right), who has become a focal point of Seven's sexy new summer line-up, thanks to her role as vixen Sasha Forbes on Headland, says she is looking forward to a Christmas break after "a terrific year".

"This has been one of the best years of my life," says the attractive blonde. "It's been a pleasure working on the show, but I've also moved house, turned 21 and recently bought a new car."

Given that the year has already been so generous, Taylor says anything she finds under her Christmas tree will be a bonus.

"I'd love to get a round-the-world trip but it may be a little ambitious for Santa to drop that under the tree."

Taylor will head home to Tasmania for Christmas.

"Both my parents are English so we'll be doing the whole turkey-and-potatoes thing," she says.

"I miss my family so much, and don't get to see them as much as I'd like, so Christmas really is a period when I get to indulge the people I love."

And her New Year's resolution?

"I think they're silly. I believe that if you want to change something in your life, then you should do it then and there, and not wait for this arbitrary time of year."

Home And Away's Isabel Lucas agrees with Taylor.

"I don't do resolutions, as such, but I have things that I want to achieve next year," says the diminutive blonde, who plays Tasha Andrews on Seven's long-running soap. "I want to do more for the Global Green Plan, an organisation that raises environmental awareness beginning with kids. I also want to learn Spanish and French."

Lucas's desire to learn a second language refects her passion for travel. She will spend two weeks in Vietnam after a Christmas spent with family in Victoria.

"Going to Vietnam is my big Christmas present," she says. "I've always wanted to visit their culture and I've heard the people are very welcoming, beautiful and gentle.

"I'm really looking forward to the break. As much as I'm grateful for the job I have, I will enjoy having a break from inhabiting Tasha's world, which has been rather involved this year."

Relaxation and a well-earned break seem to be the order of the day for the TV crowd.

All Saints star Wil Traval, who generally spends Christmas with family in Victoria or Western Australia, will stay in Sydney for the festive period.

"Christmas means some great food and some nice hot weather," he offers. "I plan to take it easy, do something at lunch and then hopefully get down the beach."

The tvguide team wish all readers a safe and happy Christmas and a fun-filled New Year.

I think Isabel sounds like she really has her head screwed on, which is quite refreshing - especially compared to Tasha! She comes across as mature and intelligent, which makes me wonder why she thinks she can make it in Hollywood...:blink: Good on her for wanting to broaden her horizons though. Vietnam sounds cool.

Archived