Tim Campbell Appreciation

Guest ste

I wonder how much he improvises on set. He seems like an improvise kinda guy. As people have said Ada sometimes seems genuinely amused by him (though that's not surprising considering she's gearing up to take over from Bec Carthorse as the character who never stops smiling.)

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would imagine that alot of Dan's "fun" side comes from Tim himself, as opposed to from the writers. Dan was never written with much depth or thought-he was just brought in as a nice, genuine sort of guy to partner Leah.

Tim seems to have added his own personality to the- let's face it- previously not very interesting character of Dan. His own humour and playfulness really comes through.

For instance, that singing scene at the wedding would have been extermly cringe-worthy were it not for Tim's very funny added on facial expressions and goofy over-exaggeration. Had it been anyone else, it would have been awful, but I was in stitches throughout, thanks to Tim. Much of the rest of the cast present at the wedding appeared to be in genuine hysterics too.

So yes, Ste, I agree. I would imagine that that kind of thing is Tim's own personal improvisatation, and I love that side to him very much indeed. It improves Dan's character immeasurably.

Id just like to say I know about the storyline coming up about his gambling addiction and I'd like to see how Tim builds depth into his character since he is meant to be a counsellor and all. Initially I though hey I havent really seen too much to be impressed about so far but after reading the other comments in the thread I realise that there are quite a number of things I have been quietly impressed about, giving me higher hopes for his gambling trouble! Hopefully he will deliver, though a lot less quietly than I have so far seen.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived