alsa question

Guest girlsrulz44

I'm going to have to agree. There's too much moderation by the members done here.

Yes, the punctuations not great, and yes, she spelt Ailsa wrong, but when I read the post I can understand exactly what is meant. It might not have been Dickens English, but at least it wasn't Dick English.

Instead of wasting energy bickering over tiny pieces of punctuation why not just answer the question.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind people pointing out rule breaking (I do it too even though I'm not a moderator, but that's not me trying to be one, that's just me being annoyed) but I usually try and answer the question too. If you're going to go to the trouble of pointing out someone's mistakes you might as well answer their question while you're at it otherwise you're just as bad as them.

There's a point where people are just being pernickety though.

If someone blatantly posts something that you can't understand then bring up Rule 2.

If, however, the post is generally correct, bar a few capital letters, a couple of spelling mistakes then people just need to let go of it.

Apologies if I was too harsh. I'm only human and the constant bad spelling and grammar on here is starting to get on my nerves. If it was only a couple of mistakes here and there it wouldn't bother me, but it's getting too much. Even the growing number of members aged 10-12 should know by now how to write properly, it's not hard.

ETA: If the person who made the mistake would change the topic title it might irritate me less. :P Grumpiness over!

Someone said, I think it was mabye Ste that there is a definite difference between people whose writing skills aren't quite up to scratch and people who just can't be bothered.

This is an example of the former IMO, yes, there's a few capitals missing, but the post hasn't been done in text language, the post can be read with it making sense.

The rules don't ask for perfect SPAG, just that people make an effort to make their efforts comprehendible.

I don't like how people get jumped on either. It's not nice! I agree that if it the post is easily read (and not in text language) then it should be left alone because it's not major!

Also, can I just ask.. why is everyone so annoyed with the fact that there are alot of younger members on the board now? There are still alot of older members and many of the younger ones do contribute to conversations!

Sure, for some of the younger ones, the standard of conversations isn't as high.. but the same goes for some of the older members and they don't get half as much stick when, really, they should know better.

I think people just need to lay off. To me, the fact that there are so many younger people posting on the boards is a good thing because it means that Home and Away is being watched by lots of people of different ages.

It's not necessarily people's age that I mind. There are lots of kids who are intelligent and respectful (h&afan is a good example). I think they just get pigeonholed because there are a certain few members who continuously write crap on here and they just happen to be younger. But I stand by my apology, I shouldn't have been so narky.

Archived