Drug use angers Families Association

Guest Andy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gettong caught is not the deterrant they should be aiming at, its the effects of the drugs on your body and your life whch should be the message.

They are doing this well, because they are showing that Kim ends up a total mess and that drugs are not the answer that the pushers are saying it is.

Gettong caught is not the deterrant they should be aiming at, its the effects of the drugs on your body and your life whch should be the message.

They are doing this well, because they are showing that Kim ends up a total mess and that drugs are not the answer that the pushers are saying it is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. With the amount of people who take drugs now, it's iportant for TV shows to deal with these sort of issues, including showing the effects that drugs can have, not just on the users, but also on those around them.

You also have to look at it from their point of view. Very young children watch Home and Away with their families at night and showing drugs may introduce them to this topic before needed. We don't need to be introducing drugs to Primary School aged children. Yes its a good way to show Teens about the effects of drugs... but younger children who may not of even heard of drugs are being shown this world way before they are old enough to deal with it.

And Samantha took something on Sex in the City (repeat) the other night.

That looked fun too.

I doubt that Sex and the City gets viwers as young as Home and Away does, so addressing it on that kind of show isn't as bad. Although you think it looked fun so obviously it isn't sending an appropriate message anyway...

Whilst i enjoyed the storyline and agree with a lot of the comments about it, i do see where the critics are comming from.

And Samantha took something on Sex in the City (repeat) the other night.

That looked fun too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Plus the Home and Away story ended up sending out the wrong message.

To strip it down "Taking drugs will let you get off scott free with everything".

Archived