The Book Thread

MarMar

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm reading a really interesting non-fiction book at the moment - it's called "Unveiled" and it's the life stories of ten different nuns, as told to the author. They're all from different denominations, and thusfar have all had wildly different lives....it's absolutely fascinating reading about people who are often viewed as disconnected from society.

• 3 weeks later...

Glass Houses - It's part of the Morganville Vampire Series by Rachel Caine

Ok seriously... has anyone else heard of this series?

I got the first book for Christmas, and read it in a day and now I'm addicted. So far there are 8 books to follow and I'm going to get each one of them.

They are not better than the Twilight Saga but they definitely come a close second and its even better because the books has its own original Vampire plot biggrin.gif

If anyone else has read them, what did you think of the first book?

If you havent, I suggest you get your hands on them and do so

To the previous list, add Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay and Flashforward by Robert Sawyer (yes, both were the basis for TV series.) God, I'm slow at finishing books. Although I did get through Endless Night by Agatha Christie, which was shocking even though I knew part of the twist already.

I finished Ranma 1/2 Volume 1, and I recommend it and the anime series. My favourite character would have to be Ryoga, Ranma's martial arts rival who fights well but has no sense of direction. This is a guy who took four days to find his way from his house to an empty lot 500 yards away. Later, once he finds Tokyo, he attempts to navigate from Ranma's school to his training hall a few blocks away. He ends up in Okinawa.

Archived