The Book Thread

MarMar

I've just been reading "Why Ben?"

Its written by his sister, Brooke Kinsella

& its about her brother Ben, who tragically died last year in June 2008, due to Knife Crime, Ben was stabbed 11 times, in Islington, London. Its a great book, written so honestly, its a beautiful tribute to her brother, who was taken too soon. A real tearjerker which had me in tears, its a highly recommended book. :)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently read The Book Theif by Markus Zusak. Really beautiful and sad story. Highly recommended. :)

Thanks for recommending. I've been thinking about reading this for ages, and now I'm gonna have to, lol.

I'm currently reading No Plot? No Problem! by Chris Baty in prep for NaNo.

I just read a book called "The Patient', by Michael Palmer.

I suggest not reading it, as it is poorly written and makes little sense. It has spelling mistakes and poor grammar and I don't even know how it managed to get published. Not to mention the storyline didn't get started until well past the half way point, then it was really inconsistent.

I give it -3 out of 10.

Just had a flick through of Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy to study for a test tomorrow. Jeez it's sad! :( Really good though. I'm looking forward to the holidays so that I'll have a chance to read it properly. Kind of a downer to end the night on...

Archived