The Book Thread

MarMar

After reading To Kill a Mockingbird again, I decided I wanted to read something a bit lighter, so at the moment I'm reading 'The Magician's Nephew' by C.S. Lewis, which is the first book in The Chronicles of Narnia. It's pretty good, IMO.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Mathilda" by Roald Dahl. I just really felt like reading it again :P

I guess I'm expected to read "grownup books" by now, but still the only books I ever read are Roald Dahl and Dr. Seuss. I still swear "Did I ever tell you how lucky you are?" and "How the Grinch stole Christmas" are great literature! And so is the Baby-sitters club. I consider Harry Potter extremely intellectual reading, that's why I can't seem to get through any of the books anymore, I guess :P

"Mathilda" by Roald Dahl. I just really felt like reading it again :P

I love that book. :wub::lol: I haven't read it in quite some time though. I'm going to add it to my 'to read' list even though I've already read it before but this way I won't forget about it. :wink:

I'm reading Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer again.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not to well, right now. So i have been reading a lot.

I recived, two books. They are signed by the author too.

From Dan for my birthday this year. :D

marley & me

By John Grogan

The longest trip home

Also by John Grogan

They were, so honest an funny at times. It was a pleasure reading them.

Lordy-loo, the uni cram continues! I forget where I left off - was it "Two Weeks With The Queen"? Well anyway, that was good. Ah, and I finished "On The Banks Of Plum Creek" - also good, once I got into ye olde American country life. THEN I read "The Woman In White" - first Victorian novel I've ever read, and it was awesome. The whole book is like the climax to an episode of Murder She Wrote ^_^ The I read "Peter Pan" - and did I mention "The Wizard Of Oz?" - I think I did... both good, and fun. Peter Pan is particularly good while picturing Johnny Depp as the narrator (author J M Barrie) and Jason Isaacs as Hook :wub:

Now I'm reading "Commet In Moominland," which I'd never heard of and was rather skeptical about. But it's quite good too.

I've been pretty lucky so far, nearly all the books I've read have been good. Or at least okay. The only real disaster was "The Magic Pudding." When I am Queen of the wold, that book is gonna get such a burning <_<

Next on my list is "Jane Eyre." I couldn't remember if it was by Charlotte or Emily Bronte, but then I thought of Charlotte Beaumont (as I sometimes do...) and now I'm all set. Charlotte Bronte :)

• 1 month later...

At the moment I'm reading Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen for English Lit. It's not to bad. I prefer it to Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell, which I couldn't really get in to, which apparently is very similar. I can't see it.

Archived