The Book Thread

MarMar

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

definatly reccomend those ones. they were all fantastic when i read them, have you also read the Kite Runner?

Not yet. I have it on my bookcase but i'm swapmed with Uni reading right now. I've seen the movie though but i always think the books are better.

The Color Purple is really good too, and i love Maya Angelou - I know why the Caged Bird Sings. It's beautiful.

Waris Dirie's Desert Flower is a shcoking story about FGM female genital mutilation (circumcision) and her personal experience and struggles to campiagn against it.

At the moment i'm reading a lot of books by African authors - i recommend Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie who also wrote the amazing Purple Hibiscus. Also Nervous Conditions by Tsitsi Dangarembga is a good read.

I could talk about books all day :lol: I'm a bit of a geek.

Still reading The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon. I thought at first that it was for kids who were a little more aware of the world, like preteens who occasionally swear and understand what death and suffering means, and that it's not pretty, like the character in the book. However, I wouldn't like a kid of say 9 or 10 to be reading the phrase "he'll f*** her for a few days, and then kill her." :blink: So... now I don't know who it's written for. I guess I'm enjoying it, so that's good enough :huh:

In the past couple days, I've read;

.x. a random Jodi Picoult, don't remember the name.

.x. a random Patricia Cornwall - Book of the Dead I think. It wasn't very good >.<

.x. in the middle of Tribute by Nora Roberts at the moment

.x. The Choice & Lucky Charm by Nicholas Sparks <-- the man is a genius :)

So I finished reading Signs of the Cross and I have to say...

Wow, excellent read!

I had read reviews saying that it was a crappy version of the Da Vinci Code but dudes, I kid you not, it is actually better than that book. It isn't smug and you don't get bogged down with pages of crap.

I know what book I want to read now but I can't find it!

I am going to read Chances by Jackie Collins :D

Lol, Jackie Collins is my secret pleasure when it comes to reading :P Have you read Chances before? If not, it's really good and it has a wholw series that follows it

Yes I have read it now :D Awesome book and I cant wait to read the next one :D

Archived