The Book Thread

MarMar

Do YOU need a rottweiler??? A young cross-bread male who's not so big and heavy as usual, and is an awesome dog, and is sweet and quiet and friendly, and even when certain incompetent volunteers let him escape from his leash outdoors, he comes running back to you all happy and smiling because he's just that wonderful and precious???!

Sommersby RSPCA, people!!! GO GET HIM NOW!!!! :mellow:

Well I wish MY dogs behaved like that, certainly :P

I wish he was here right now, curled up on the end of my bed, while I slept soundly, knowing that he could protect me from the bad people that will DEFINITELY break in and kill me if I let my guard down... :(

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, tell me about it. My reading list for the year so far includes at least 5 more Stephen Kings, IF I can handle them after this horribly traumatic ordeal, The Vampire Chronicles, the last three books of The Chronicles of Narnia, some random Terry Pratchett book that's been on my shelf for months, Jurassic Park and The Lost World, and maybe The Lord of the Rings if I have time, which I never will. Oh, and I want to read Half-Blood Prince again before the movie comes out! That's all before I find out what books I have to read for uni this year, and I'm doing four 3rd year Literature courses :wacko:

I think they'll have to line the walls of my coffin with pages from these books if I'm ever going to read them all...

...And now I'm back to thinking about my untimely death... Eep :(

I had decided to move on to Jurassic Park, but when I picked up the book I noticed that it was written in another language... one that I don't even recognise :huh: So I'm reading Truckers by Terry Pratchett instead :). Hopefully I'll find an English copy of Jurassic Park some other time :P

I finished Truckers yesterday - I'd recommend it :) - and now I'm back to the Chronicles of Narnia. Started Voyage of the Dawn Treader this afternoon. Funnily enough, it answers the very question I remember wining about in here, or in some other thread, about how time moves differently in Narnia at a completely inconsistent rate. The answer? It IS inconsistent. Apparently you never know how much time has passed in Narnia since your last visit until you get there. Normally I'd wine about that too, and call it lazy writing, but I like CS Lewis. He does that sort of thing so often that he can get away with it.

I also like the opening line of the book: "There was once a boy named Eustace Clarance Scrubb, and he almost deserved it." Hah :D

Archived