The Book Thread

MarMar

ILM, I know I've said it twice, but Thank You again for the awesome recommendation. Happy to report I finished The Lost Daughter earlier. Only about a week after starting it. That's pretty much a record for me. It was that unputdownable, you were right. Definately worth the read. :wink:

Glad you enjoyed it. :D My friend kept telling me it was brilliant when she was reading it and that she'd lend it to me soon as she'd finished. I thought from that title (The Lost Daughter) it didn't sound very interesting but my friend was right. Great read and highly recommended. For anyone else who wants to look out for it, the author is Diane Chamberlain.

Hmm, maybe someone will recommend my stories one day... :rolleyes::P

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished 'The Hollow Man' by John Dickson Carr - highly regarded as the best 'locked-room mystery' of all time (big Jonathan Creek fan here)

Very good it was too - though unfortunately some things were very familar, as this author's work was evidently a big influence on David Renwick when he created Creek.... :P

For the 2nd time I've just finished reading James Patterson's 'Beach Road'.

Because ive read it before, I of course already knew about the twist at the end. But, it still messed me up just as much as the first time. No where near as much as the first time (because it stuck with me for weeks the first time round), but it's still got to me for atleast a few days this time.

"Noughts & Crosses" by Malorie Blackman. :) Its been recommenced to me time and time again, but I've never really got around to reading it till now. I can already tell its going to be one of my favourites. :)

That has to be my number 1 book. I just bought the follow on book so plan to read the whole lot and I would recommend it to anyone that wants to read a life changing book!

Archived