studio

Guest fakename

From BTTB's Interview with former H&A publicist Victoria Supple:

We get asked everyday, we get phone calls everyday. If we do it for 1 person we have to do it for everyone. So we say that the set is a closed set. That is here at Epping on set, all the interior. It can put the cast off. They tend to play up to people that are sitting there and that's taking them away from what they should be doing.

But there are certain circumstances where we will allow people to come onto set. Those people are foundations like 'Make a wish foundation'. Where children that their wish, sometimes their last wish because they are quite sick is to come onto the set of Home and Away. Who are we to say no to that? That is an honour for us to have someone, a little child to have any wish in the world and their wish is to come onto Home and Away. And we just think we are just doing the show, we get caught up in our own little world and sometimes you do forget and sometimes cast do forget that it effects people on a larger scale.

So for us to do something like that, its not that hard to do and it makes their day, makes their week and makes their life, which is a big thing. So yes we do allow some kids to come and some charity organisations, but generally it's a closed set.

But we do say to people that they can go up to Palm Beach because it is all public property. We don't normally tell people what days or anything. We try to give people an idea of when we will be up there. We get busloads of tourists everyday up at Palm Beach and on the weekend. I think we film on the weekend.

But there are certain circumstances where we will allow people to come onto set. Those people are foundations like 'Make a wish foundation'. Where children that their wish, sometimes their last wish because they are quite sick is to come onto the set of Home and Away.

It makes it more special for those kids and winners of comps etc. if they're the only ones who get to go!

But we do say to people that they can go up to Palm Beach because it is all public property. We don't normally tell people what days or anything. We try to give people an idea of when we will be up there. We get busloads of tourists everyday up at Palm Beach and on the weekend. I think we film on the weekend.

Does that mean they do?

It's probably good that they don't allow people to visit the set cause they'd get people asking the questions all the time and they'd never get anything done!

I think that's really nice letting kids who are ill go to visit the set, I agree that it makes it more special then because it's not just anyone that can go.

Archived