Dodge Return?

Guest alicepearlpilot

It seems such a waste of an open ended storyline to never bring Dodge back.

It's exciting to know that one day he could just appear from nowhere and make everyone's life a misery.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know... but on the other hand it's good that occasionally a character isn't announced dead yet never returns. Otherwise it would get predictable that every bad guy who's body is never found is going to return! With Dodge it's good because you really don't know either way! (Hope you know what I mean!).

I know it would be useless bringing Saul back as he was killed off twice! Once we thought he was dead but wasn't!  But I really loved that character! The actor who played him seems to have disappeared, I don't think hes done anything else! Anyway, to the point! this is the quick reply button!

Yes, I remember now, Dodge did say that 'milko' Sally's imaginary friend was dead. But, if i remember correctly, didn't Sally thank him for that?. Anyway, if they did bring him back, would they use the same actor? they have just bout Brett Macklin back here (uk) and I think he was the original actor.Now you have started me thinking! There was also another 'failed foster child' of Pippa's, not long after Dodge, a female character who called Summer Bay 'Hicksville' and Pippa was sorry to see her go. Now who was that... (will shush now!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tracey Turner! *I loved her too, but she only got 24 episodes!*

Love the idea of Dodge turning up and Sally trying to help him sort his mess of a life out, though somehow I cant see it happening, after what he did to Steven. Everyone knows Im a huge fan of the character and would love it if he came back for one last blast, though based on his past actions it would be difficult to keep him around for any amount of time. I reckon the only way they could really do it is by bringing Steven back as well. Steven could turn up in the Bay first, on the pretext of visiting Sally, but it later turns out that Dodge is back on the scene and has been harrassing and threatening him via emails, phone calls etcetera. Maybe Steven hasnt seenhim yet but Dodge has said he is going to destroy his world and everybody hes ever been close to. Obviously this would include Sally, Pippa, Selina etcetera... Maybe he gets to Selina first *why not, they did it to Chloe* so Steven now arrives in the Bay so he can keep an eye on Sally, hoping to lure Dodge out into the open at the same time so he can catch him.

This could work, but it would make Dodge more of a "heard, not seen" presence in the show for most of the storyline. They could maybe show him in short clips, working behind the scenes ala The Stalker as he plans his revenge. He could have a hit list board as well, with pictures of Pippa, Steven etcetera on it. Irene as well maybe.

It would all be a little too similar to the Stalker stuff itself though. Pity they hadnt used him for that role, instead of what they came up with, it could have run pretty much identically and had a far more satisfactory conclusion!

The only other way to bring him back, as I played out before, was to have it that he has been in jail for the last few years, for the kidnap of Kelly, framing of Steven etcetera (not necessarily Muds murder, as there wouldnt have been enough evidence to tie him to that, only Stevens word that he saw Dodge would Muds harmonica, which doesnt prove anything) and he then turns up in the Bay, not for revenge, but rather to catch up with a long lost sibling...namely Tasha Andrews. It would mean having to make Dodge be one of Ian McFarlanes previously mentioned kids who "went off the rails", but I think it would be cool to tie him in here. We know his parents were wealthy, that came out years ago when he was first arrested. The fact that his surname is listed as Forbes isnt too difficult to get around - perhaps his mothers maiden name, which he started to go by because Ian disowned him as a teen?

Theres ways and means...........Im pretty sure Dan Bennett will try to make it happen too, providing actors are available and all that.

Oh well...

*PS to Alicepearlpilot - I am still in the land of the living and I will get around to posting those tapes to you shortly, Im just pretty busy at the moment with work and a few other commitments. But hang on, I wont forget about it! Cheers.

<_< Who would have to worry about Dodge's return if he did come back? maybe sally could help him now, unlike Pippa who couldn't? Personally, I think Saul or one of his descendants should come back!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is he the guy who kidnapped Irene/Finlay's baby?

Archived