best HnA era?

Guest MR200SX

I did a search but couldn't find any threads about this. Sorry if there is one. Anyway id like to ask people what "era" was their fav. I personally liked the "nash" era back i think in the late 90s. The characters and storylines were much more to my liking.. maybe it was just the fact that i was younger.. anyway what your favourite era?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm I really don't know. Home and Away has been such a strong show all the way through. The only reason I stopped watching for a bit was due to work and I could only catch one episode a week as I worked the other 6 days :rolleyes:

Of course I loved the late 1990's early 2000 as that's when I first got heavily involved in Home and Away. Like you, MR200SX, it may have been due to the fact I was younger and I could appeal to some of the characters. Although, looking back on some of the scenes in certain episodes they could be quite cheesy (but then again, I'm supposed to be mature with life experience now.... so I would find some of the scenes years ago cheesier now then I did back then). Present Home and Away can still have some of those scenes, as can any programme really!

It's really hard to pick just one era, I would be inclined to say the late 90's to early 00's (what can we call 2000 era as it seems stupid calling it 2000 but it also seems stupid calling it 00's!). When it moved to channel 5 (the mud slide era) was when the 2000 era stopped. But then I would say I love the present stuff at the moment, from 2005.

I will always love the classic episodes, as I do love classic TV - nothing can really beat that!

I'm still undecided.....

For me it was the 88 - 95 era, especially the bobby years. I loved the music they used to play over the scenes. Season wise - worst 1994 (nothing happened), best 1992!! The olden days of h&a were corny but thats what i loved h&a for - it was a real slice of family life as vanessa downing once said.

I agree, the early years was more gritty in my opinion and that's why I liked it. The current show is getting more gritty again, and that's why I'm starting to love the show again more than I have for a long time, but it's still got that "gloss" over it that I don't like. I have read a lot of scripts and episode guides from the first couple of years of the show, and most noticably the language was a lot stronger then. Almost every week someone was being called a bitch.

I also agree with what you said about the music, I liked it, was very unique to H&A.

Archived