Five - What the hell are they doing?!

Guest rcoleman_uk

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it was the whole episode!

As far as i can make out its only for the repeats, I'll find out tonight though. Still if you cant see the first one why put up with that just because you cant get to see the first. Soaps are not meant to be signed! Thats what subtitles are for!

Im doing the episode so you can all watch it in its glory, i give you 10 seconds before you get annoyed with her.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bloody would get annoyed with that woman moving her hands all the time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's called sign language, it's used so that deaf people can understand what's going on and what's being said. It only appears in the repeat episode not the evening show, and it doesn't bother me one little bit.

H&A is not the first show on Five, they used to do the same with the repeat of Family Affairs.

If she's bugging you, try not watching her and watching the actual show instead! You soon don't notice her at all.

For god's sake people.

Does she appear on other shows too?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

She, or some person used to appear on the re-runs of Family Affairs only. But now that Five have axed the FA re-runs, and the show is ending altogether at New Years, H&A is now Five's main soap, which is why the re-runs now get the sign language person.

Edit: You beat me to it Ste.

It's called sign language, it's used so that deaf people can understand what's going on and what's being said.

What happened to subtitles though? and not all deaf people can understand sign language!

Im not insensitive. But it does block the picture and why spoil it when there is an alternative? At least when BBC do it they shrink the pic slightly and have the person on a blue background!

Archived