Cassie's Uncle

Guest Soph

I know this storyline has been criticised heavily, mainly for the follow-up (ie. with Cassie and Ric) which obviously I can't comment on yet, but I actually think it's been really good so far. Ok, so they can't use the technical terms and that's a bit annoying, but looking past that I think both the acting and writing has been really good. The whole thing felt sort of fresh, if you know what I mean. Maybe because they haven't done anything like this for a while (if ever?), or maybe just because Cassie is a new character, I don't know. I like it anyway.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, I think the storyline has been excellent. I'm not really bothered about the apparant lack of follow-up. It wasn't intended to be a long running story-arc. If it was, there would have been follow up, obviously. It was just a storyline to introduce us to the character and to help us get to know her and develop some kind of emotional bond with her. And it's worked.

And give her a reason to stay with Sal and not be carted off to live with Uncle Ben.

Just a quick question-in the episode when other family members arrived was the wee girl implying the Ben was now doing the same to her? I wasn't quite sure.

I've really warmed to Cassie recently. I was expecting an awful character and an atrocious actor, but far from it! This storyline has been OK, I think. I didn't like having nearly a week between Ben's arrival/Joy's stroke and the characters being mentioned again, but I suppose it's all down to contracts. Still, I've liked it enough.

Lol, I can't shed any light on that, sorry! But it's been bugging me who Claire reminds me of, and now I've remembered! It's Christine Stephen-Daly, who played Lara in Casualty and Melissa in the last series of Cutting It. They look really similar, especially the smile and the eyes!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*Thinks* Kinda - CSD is better though ;)! They both have the same attitude (talking of series 16 Lara - yes I'm a past Casualty fan!)

Gonna have to try and find the episode he was in years ago.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stop it!!! :P We've had this conversation! They don't look similar at all!!! Plus Katrina rocks a whole lot more!! :P

Oops sorry, didn't know the CSD thing had been mentioned already. I don't think they always look alike, but from certain angles and with certain expressions they are *very* similar.

Ryan: Cassie's cousin didn't tell her what Ben was doing. Cassie was suspicious because Ben called her 'angel' - the same name he used to have for her - so she asked her a few subtle questions and established that Ben was going round to their house a lot more since her dad had moved out. She also told Cassie (off screen) that she had to keep Ben's secret, and later she admitted the truth to the police.

In response to all the criticism about Cassie/Sharni's looks, I thought she looked lovely in tonight's ep with the pigtails.

Archived