sally and flynn

Guest britishrules

It baffles me as to why Kate hasn't got a Logie yet. You would think that after 18 years, and being one of the best, if not best actors on the show, she is deserving of winning one. I really hope that the voters can realise just how good she is, I know that I do, and always vote for her.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope Kate next year wins a logie

She really deserves it

I don’t understand why she didn’t win a logie in the past years

Was she nominated for a logie over the past years?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Sally and Flynn... as a couple, they're very sweet together. However, they are not the most exciting/special couple H&A has ever produced, although I always thought that they could have been. This being until MDW left and JMI took over. Not that I don't feel any chemistry between Kate and Joel, because I do, but I have to say, they don't have the same spark as Kate and Martin did.

I think the reason Sally & Flynn (MDW) had more of a spark is that he stood by her through all the cancer stuff and she stood by him through all the Ashley stuff and I don't think people associate the events of the relationship with Flynn Mk1 to the events of the relationship with Flynn Mk2.

I know that when I think of Pippa I think of Debra Lawrance, but I don't think of her bringing her five foster kids to Summer Bay, as that was Vanessa's Pippa. I know they are the same character, but I think that when we watch something on the television, our memories of it are stored visually and so we associate what happens with the actors, and when they change, we don't associate what happened with the past actor as part of the new actor's version of the character.

I think the reason Sally & Flynn (MDW) had more of a spark is that he stood by her through all the cancer stuff and she stood by him through all the Ashley stuff and I don't think people associate the events of the relationship with Flynn Mk1 to the events of the relationship with Flynn Mk2. 

I know that when I think of Pippa I think of Debra Lawrance, but I don't think of her bringing her five foster kids to Summer Bay, as that was Vanessa's Pippa.  I know they are the same character, but I think that when we watch something on the television, our memories of it are stored visually and so we associate what happens with the actors, and when they change, we don't associate what happened with the past actor as part of the new actor's version of the character.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's an interesting point. Certainly with Flynn I see the events that happened with FLynn#1 as being a different character than happened with Flynn#2. But I think that's less to do with the physical change in appearance, and more to do with the fact that both Flynns were very different to each other. With Pippa on the other hand, I view them both 100% as the same character.

Archived