sally and flynn

Guest britishrules

i know people have mixed opinions about them , but i think they make a great couple , thy've been through ups and downs but they do love each other and remain to stay together and are perfect parents , i loved the old flynn , but i think joell and kate are a great match too and both work increbily well and are great ctors , my favourite episode was their wedding which brought me into tears, i love both flynns , but joell is my favourite and i think him and katie are more of a match

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to point out to britishrules, it's Kate not Katie. Sorry for being picky, couldn't help myself! :)

I have mixed feelings about Sally and Flynn. I love them as H&A's only happily married couple (in the uk, now that KK have left and Leah and Dan are yet to marry) and I think that's something the show really needs, but I'm not too keen on Flynn as an individual character. I find him quite dull and sometimes annoying. I disagree about him not needing his own storylines - I think he would have benefitted from them. But I'm sad to see Sally and Flynn parted so soon.

I really like Sally and Flynn as a couple. I agree that somethimes Flynn can be a tad on the boring side but his character is realistic, as it their marriage (to a certain extent). Most soaps dont keep married couples together but i think Home and Away would be crazy to split these two up as they work so well together. Also it's good to ave a supporting character who can help others through their storylines.

It is a shame though that we dont see more of joels acting, his recent australian scenes have been great so with him not having all that many storylines, weve missed out.

I agree, I think they make a fab couple....very well suited.  I didn't really see much of the old Flynn (thats when they took H&A off ITV and put it on FIVE) but I much prefer Joel......much better looking!!!

I really hope he doesn't die, it just wont be the same without Sally and Flynn.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, Home and Away went off our screens on ITV in 2000 and came back on Channel Five in 2001. Flynn didn't appear in the UK episodes until a year after the soap had started back on Channel Five. He started at around the same time as Seb.

I love Sally and Flynn they rule. They have to be the best couple for a long time (okay apart from KK and Noah and Hayley). There's not many couples in H&A that I've liked.

I've basically grown up watching Sally grow up. Nearly had a chance to speak to her about 6 years ago when I spotted her shopping in the UK but I was too scared to :rolleyes: I prefer the new Flynn to the old Flynn. I couldn't imagine th eold Flynn and Sally still being together - it just seems weird!

My opinion on Sally and Flynn as a couple has changed dramatically.

I used to love them, I thought they were very well suited and Flynn was well written to both compliment and match Sally's personality. When Flynn was recast I was even happier as I thought the new Flynn suited Sally much more and I could see them together on screen as a long running Alf and Ailsa type couple.

Unfortunately, Flynn - on his own - became a rediculously dull character. He was ok with Sally, but other than that all he ever did was be a doctor in other people's storylines. Giving out patronsing advice or happening to be around when there was an emmergency. There was little spark to his personality and no humour or edge. He was pretty realistic, (ie, not a far fetched character), but he was not good viewing. In turn, this did a lot of damage to his character and eventually he became so boring to me that it was even affecting my opinion towards him and Sally. Now it has got the stage where I think he just drags Sally's character down. Sally is a great character and while I agree that they do make a good and well matched couple - I'm not denying that - from a storyline point of view Sally would be much better off with someone more exciting!

^^^ This is all just my opinion!

And now heading slightly off topic....

I think this is a major issue in H&A, especially regarding male characters. Flynn was written in quite well with the obvious aim of being Sally's long term husband. Unfortunately, not much more seems to have been put into it than that!

The same happened with Scott - he was written in with the idea of being Dani's love interest. And for a whole year he didn't really do anything apart from being Dani's boyfriend. After Dani left, there was *nothing* to Scott's character to keep him going, so they paired him up with Hayley - a character with whom there had been no previous spark or signs of romance, despite living with her for a year... but there was nothing else for him to do because he had no character of his own! The current Scott/Hayley/Kim storyline may be working quite well, in my opinion because they have developped Scott's character a bit now, something that unfortunately they haven't done enough with Flynn.

Dan is the most recent example. Again, written into the show simply to be Leah's love interest. Been in the show a year now, and not really had any storylines of his own. He's supposed to be the school counsellor but we hardly ever see him do that. In fact, we hardly ever see him at all. We see Peter more, and he's the brother who's not in the credits! His son came to town, and somehow that storyline became all about Leah. Dan is in danger of becoming the next Flynn if they don't do something to make him interesting soon! He might work well with Leah - of course he does that's why he was written in - but on his own he sucks! (No reflection on the actor though - he is great).

Sal and Flynn are an amazing couple and have been my fave Summer Bay couple for ages now. If Flynn does die from this cancer then it will be totally heartbreaking, but without Flynn it would mean the writers could give Kate some great storylines show us what she's made of..... :wink:

Archived