Kate Ritchie in Seven's Celebrity Spelling Bee

Guest Andy

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so creepy. I was thinking that Celebrity Spelling Bee was the next logical progression not too long ago. And now it's happened. That is so weird.

I want to be a celebrity just so I can be on one of these celebrity reality shows... can they really be called reality shows? It's one to consider.

I'm sure ITV in the UK did something very similar a couple of months back, and it was a total ratings flop - hope the Australian version goes better; perhaps if the network put up a cash prize that the winner could donate to charity it would be more watchable?

Nevertheless, GOOOOOOOOO KATE!!!!!!!!!!

This is of the sevencorporate site:

Brains will reign over beauty and brawn as some of Australia’s best and brightest stars dust off their dictionaries to compete in the ultimate intellectual challenge on Seven’s The Great Celebrity Spelling Bee - War of the Words.

Hosted by Dancing with the Stars’ Todd McKenney (That wrecks it for me), the one hour program pits star against star as they challenge their nerves and mental ability in front of the country.

At stake, the title of national champion and $50,000 for their nominated charity.

A range of celebrities from the fields of entertainment, sport, music and politics have accepted the challenge including: Home and Away’s Kate Ritchie; Deal or No Deal host Andrew O’Keefe; music guru Molly Meldrum; red wiggle, Murray; entertainer Noeline Brown; Sunrise’s David Koch; actress Zoe Carides; celebrity ballroom dancer Pauline Hanson; personality Simone Warne, cricketer Jason Gillespie and Olympians Elka Graham and Geoff Huegill.

Celebrities start in three teams, but by the end of the competition only one will be left standing as the Celebrity Spelling Bee champion.

With combinations of speed spelling, team spelling and an incredibly hard ‘mystery’ spelling round, the title battle for celebrity spelling bee champion will test the mettle of even the best performer.

When in doubt, contenders can call on the expertise of 12 year-old former American national spelling bee champion, Samir Patel - once and only once - throughout the competition.

A competent speller in her school days, Home and Away’s Kate Ritchie fears her skills may have gotten a little rusty over the years.

“It’s been a while, so it will be a big challenge! I just hope the nerves don’t get to me too much under the spotlight and I hope the Australian public is forgiving if I make any silly mistakes!”

Celebrity Spelling Bee is produced by Fox World Australia for the Seven Network and will air later this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived