Tammin a bad time in the UK

Guest Andy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading everyone's posts on this topic I downloaded some of Tammin's stuff and I must say, I think she's quite good! Not exactly the next Madonna, but definately easy on the ears. She has a pretty voice, but cant see her belting out power ballads or anything!

I think they pushed back the release date because of the Sugababes who have the power of 3.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PR is a lot better than the Sugarbabes new single though. Or is it because I'm biased and have gone through the Sugarbabes phase?!

I think they pushed back the release date because of the Sugababes who have the power of 3.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PR is a lot better than the Sugarbabes new single though. Or is it because I'm biased and have gone through the Sugarbabes phase?!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pointless Relationship is a good song but I wouldn't say it's better than Push the Button. The point is Sugababes are a big name in Britain, they've got a fanbase, contacts.. whereas no one knows Tammin. And I've heard a few other songs from Tammin's record, none of them are the kind that can be big in the UK

The Uk is very much indie based when it comes to music. There are hardley any boybands, apart from Westlife who have been ridiculed (lets face it there ****) The British music industry had changed so much that we only make way for decent music. Coldplay, U2, Oasis now their creditable bands; but put people like Tammin up against them and there is just no hope.

Actually pop is still popular in the UK : Girls Aloud, Atomic Kitten, Cheeky girls... but like I said Tammin's songs are a different kind of pop and I just don't see it working in Britain.

Oasis have been a joke since their 3rd album, and have never written lyrics that make any sense, even Noel says they are utter rubbish and can't understand what he meant. But they have their fanbase from the mid-90's still with them so they still sell a few copies.

U2 only make records for their old fanbase nowadays.

Coldplay are overrated misery guts.

Razorlight, Sissors sisters, The Thrills, The Zutons, The Killers, the White Stripes, the Coral, Keane, Basement Jaxx... are the big names now.

The best thing about Oasis (the only good thing about them nowadays) is this :

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.ns...lams%20kapranos

GALLAGHER SLAMS KAPRANOS

OASIS rocker NOEL GALLAGHER has launched a scathing attack on FRANZ FERDINAND frontman ALEX KAPRANOS - likening the skinny singer to RIGHT SAID FRED star RICHARD FAIRBRASS.

Fairbrass, his brother FRED and pal ROB MANZOLI had several hits in the early 1990s with songs including I'M TOO SEXY and DEEPLY DIPPY.

After watching Scots band Franz Ferdinand's debut disc become the best-selling album of last year (04) and win a heap of awards, Gallagher is sick of the TAKE ME OUT stars.

He fumes, "He (Kapranos) reminds me of f**king Right Said Fred.

"You put on, I'm Too Sexy For My f**king Shirt, and I bet you any money it's the same person. It's the same f**king person!

"He's just gone on the Atkins diet and grown his hair! Not my thing at all. I don't like quirky, weird music."

Hey i didn't say i was a fan of Oasis i just stated that their the people getting to number 1 nowadays and your right the people you listed are the ones who are controlling the chart. I love Coldplay though so i have to say their ou biggest band currently; their even cracking America!

The pop industry is failing! Cheeky girls have been dropped, Atomic Kitten havent been round for ages and Girls Aloud are only getting somewhere with the sex symbol status.

Well Coldplay and Dido are pop acts and they're the biggest sellers aren't they ? And Keane.

Also I din't mention the kids that were on tv every day last year : Busted, McFly and Sam and Mark.

The pop industry is live and well

Archived