Lleyton, Bec's honeymoon break

Guest Andy

Lleyton, Bec's honeymoon break

Daily Telegraph

July 23, 2005

THE secrecy surrounding newlyweds Bec Cartwright and Lleyton Hewitt continued yesterday as they left their Sydney hotel for a mystery honeymoon destination.

The couple are rumoured to be heading to one of Fiji's exclusive island resorts - possibly Turtle or Wakaya - or somewhere in Queensland.

Pregnant soap star Cartwright, who turns 22 today, and world tennis No.2 Hewitt were spotted sneaking out of a side car park entrance of Sydney's Intercontinental Hotel yesterday afternoon.

Earlier, they were photographed on the balcony of the hotel's exclusive 32nd floor executive lounge looking relaxed and happy. The newlyweds compared wedding rings, kissed, cuddled and took happy snaps of themselves with a digital camera.

Mother-to-be Cartwright's jeans were unbuttoned at the top to reveal her growing tummy, while Hewitt sported his trademark baseball cap. She is due to give birth in November.

Thursday's ceremony was followed by a private reception at Taronga Zoo with a special live performance by John Farnham. After partying into the night, the 180 guests and wedding party returned to the Intercontinental.

With cameras and mobile phones banned from the ceremony, the world will have to wait until Monday week for a first glimpse at official photos. The couple have sold their story to women's magazine New Idea. It is estimated the story could make the couple almost $500,000 - believed to be double the cost of the wedding.

In fear of breaking the strict confidentiality agreements that guests were forced to sign, friends would only describe the ceremony as short, sweet and beautiful.

Cartwright wore a long white Alex Perry-designed gown while bridesmaids Ada Nicodemou, Kate Ritchie, Victoria Supple and new sister-in-law Jaslyn Hewitt wore off-the-shoulder "sunset" rose, yellow and white floor-length dresses. Hewitt, 24, opted for traditional suit and tie.

I hope they have fun wherever they are. I can't wait till the mag is released. I am going to miss Bec on H&A have been a fan of hers for a while now. She is just so beautiful and has this loving glow around her. I bet the baby will be beautiful...I am so jealous of the baby for having cool parents.

Archived