Big bucks for Bec's bash

Guest Andy

Big bucks for Bec's bash

Herald-Sun

19 July 2005

LLEYTON Hewitt and Bec Cartwright are sparing no expense for their wedding on Thursday.

While the golden couple tried to ensure their special day would be shrouded in secrecy, the Hewitt-Cartwright wedding extravaganza has become the worst kept news in Sydney.

More than 200 top names in entertainment and sport will attend the wedding of the tennis ace and former soapie star.

The afternoon service will take place on the 30th floor of Sydney's exclusive InterContinental Hotel. There will be a 90-minute Sydney Harbour cruise aboard a 34m luxury catamaran.

For a total cost of $32,000, guests will feast on Sydney rock oysters and use French champagne to toast the happy couple -- who will be flanked by AFL star and best man Andrew McLeod and bridesmaid Home And Away publicist Victoria Supple.

From 6pm, the party will continue at the Taronga Zoo.

The couple will be married by a celebrant.

About 120 rooms have been booked for guests at the InterContinental, paid for by the happy couple.

I read in my paper that they were getting married in the north foyer of the Opera House as staff were told to keep it clean for an event on Thursday. Also Andrew Mccleod is apparently not going to the wedding, there are suggestions it is because Rachel, his wife, was not invited. Lleyton's other best mate is being best man. I bet it will be a great day and Bec would look beautiful. I am going to miss her on H&A. I was watching H&A on Monday with her small scene with Jesse and I was already missing her!

Archived