Bec and Lleyton's secret vows

Guest jessica_r

By celebrity writer PHILLIP KOCH

Sunday Telegraph

July 17, 2005

TENNIS champion Lleyton Hewitt and fiancee Bec Cartwright spent last week holed up in Sydney's Four Seasons hotel preparing for their wedding this Thursday.

When they weren't at Homebush for the Davis Cup, the golden couple were meeting with party planners and having final bridal party fittings.

But yesterday the couple were separated briefly with Cartwright, 21, meeting fans at Luna Park.

She spent the afternoon signing autographs at Total Girl Magazine's stage school at Luna Park, while her fiance lost his Davis Cup doubles match to Argentina at Homebush.

"I would have loved to do something like this school when I was young," admitted the soap princess, who also confided that she and Hewitt had yet to decide on a name for their baby.

"I have no idea," she said.

The couple, who are expecting their first child in three months, played hide and seek with the media throughout the week, dining at low-key restaurants and slipping in and out of the hotel through a rear exit.

They will tie the knot at a secret location after a harbour cruise on Thursday afternoon with a lavish reception to be held at the InterContinental Hotel that night.

They are understood to have written their own vows for the private civil ceremony which will celebrate their whirlwind seven month romance.

The wedding has been shrouded in secrecy for weeks – with even the 250 guests left in the dark about the exact location of the ceremony.

When the invites went out last month guests were told only to meet in the lobby of the InterContinental Hotel at 2pm. With more than 100 guests expected to stay the night at the hotel, staff were made to sign confidentiality agreements.

The invitation said no cameras or mobile phones were allowed at the ceremony.

The guests, including Davis Cup bosses John Fitzgerald and Wally Masur, will then celebrate at a reception organised by event planner, David Grant.

There will be a Who's Who of Australian sport and entertainment there to celebrate, including Home And Away stars Kate Ritchie, Ada Nicodemou, Tammin Sursok and Kristy Wright.

Jess

xoxo

By celebrity writer PHILLIP KOCH

Sunday Telegraph

July 17, 2005

TENNIS champion Lleyton Hewitt and fiancee Bec Cartwright spent last week holed up in Sydney's Four Seasons hotel preparing for their wedding this Thursday.

When they weren't at Homebush for the Davis Cup, the golden couple were meeting with party planners and having final bridal party fittings.

But yesterday the couple were separated briefly with Cartwright, 21, meeting fans at Luna Park.

She spent the afternoon signing autographs at Total Girl Magazine's stage school at Luna Park, while her fiance lost his Davis Cup doubles match to Argentina at Homebush.

"I would have loved to do something like this school when I was young," admitted the soap princess, who also confided that she and Hewitt had yet to decide on a name for their baby.

"I have no idea," she said.

The couple, who are expecting their first child in three months, played hide and seek with the media throughout the week, dining at low-key restaurants and slipping in and out of the hotel through a rear exit.

They will tie the knot at a secret location after a harbour cruise on Thursday afternoon with a lavish reception to be held at the InterContinental Hotel that night.

They are understood to have written their own vows for the private civil ceremony which will celebrate their whirlwind seven month romance.

The wedding has been shrouded in secrecy for weeks – with even the 250 guests left in the dark about the exact location of the ceremony.

When the invites went out last month guests were told only to meet in the lobby of the InterContinental Hotel at 2pm. With more than 100 guests expected to stay the night at the hotel, staff were made to sign confidentiality agreements.

The invitation said no cameras or mobile phones were allowed at the ceremony.

The guests, including Davis Cup bosses John Fitzgerald and Wally Masur, will then celebrate at a reception organised by event planner, David Grant.

There will be a Who's Who of Australian sport and entertainment there to celebrate, including Home And Away stars Kate Ritchie, Ada Nicodemou, Tammin Sursok and Kristy Wright.

Jess

xoxo

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Huh ? Bec was at Luna Park ? I work there and I was there from 9am till 11pm yesterday and I didnt see her at all :o

Archived