Bec flies to Lleyton's side

Guest Andy

Bec flies to Lleyton's side

Sunday Telegraph

19 June 2005

SPORTING a bruised cheek and a wide grin, soap princess Bec Cartwright secretly flew out of Australia on Friday night to be at fiance Lleyton Hewitt's side for his first match at Wimbledon tomorrow.

"I'm full of excitement," gushed Cartwright, 22, after she filmed her last scenes for Home And Away on Friday afternoon.

The expectant mother, who was accompanied by her parents, Michele and Daryl, arrived at the airport with a prominent red graze on her cheek from a fall outside the Channel Seven studios at Epping on Wednesday.

Cartwright went directly to Mascot from the studios on Friday night -- after she farewelled her co-stars -- and boarded a flight to London.

"Everything is very positive," acknowledged a radiant Cartwright, who is four months pregnant and preparing for her wedding next month.

Cartwright, who will still be seen on Home And Away until August, filmed her last scene for the Channel Seven soapie about 5pm on Friday afternoon.

"It still doesn't feel real yet -- it only hit me yesterday," she said.

"It's all starting to register. The saddest thing is leaving all the people here."

Hewitt, who is making a comeback from rib and toe injuries, plays Belgian Christophe Rochus in his first match at Wimbledon tomorrow.

Bruised Bec flies out

Sunday Herald Sun

19 June 2005

BEC Cartwright and fiance Lleyton Hewitt are laying claim to being Australia's most accident prone couple.

Sporting a sizeable black eye and a raised red cut on her right cheek, a battered and bruised Cartwright left Sydney bound for London on Friday night.

The four-month pregnant soapy star sustained her injuries after falling over on the set of Home and Away on Wednesday while dashing between the studio and the green room.

The incident was described as "quite minor" by Seven sources with the actor able to continue filming.

But in the past two days, bruising has come up, making her injury look more dramatic.

The facial bruising did not prevent Cartwright from filming her final scenes on Home and Away on Friday.

In yet another example of life imitating art, the storyline called for Cartwright's character Hayley to end up battered and bruised in a hospital bed.

Her real life injuries where incorporated into the scene.

In the past months, the line between Cartwright's screen life and real life have been blurred.

She announced her pregnancy around the same time as her character Hayley found out she was expecting a child on the show. Then Hewitt filmed a cameo as Hayley's mysterious Summer Bay admirer.

It seems the clumsy streak is something Cartwright and Hewitt share.

Hewitt had to withdraw from the French Open after falling over in his $4.5 million Sydney home last month, cracking ribs.

Cartwright will join Hewitt courtside in London tomorrow as he begins his assault on Wimbledon. The couple then head back to Australia for their July 21 wedding.

Fiona Byrne,

londonboundaradiantbeccartwrig.gifLondon bound: A radiant Bec Cartwright gets ready to board her plane on Friday

Jess

xoxo

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heh someone should have taken a photo of what she looked like when she got off. :D The london/sydney flight is a total killer.

She looks weird in that pic. I wonder how haley ends up battered. If its real bad thats how they could explain the change of actress. She had plastic surgery and that is how she looks so different. She dyed her hair cause it went better with her new face.

londonboundaradiantbeccartwrig.gifLondon bound: A radiant Bec Cartwright gets ready to board her plane on Friday

Jess

xoxo

Heh someone should have taken a photo of what she looked like when she got off. :D The london/sydney flight is a total killer.

I'll second that! We went London - Vienna, straight onto the next plane which refuelled at Kuala Lumpur and I had no sleep at all!

I nearly collapsed when I got to Sydney airport, then I had to navigate all through the city and up to Palm Beach!

I'd imagaine Bec would have had a more comfortable flight though!

'Champagne and hot towel madam?'

Its alwasy worse going in that direction. Coming from Oz to the Uk is less tiring than goinf from Uk to Oz,,,,its something to do with body clocks and biorhythmns...the only times I have ever got jet lag is going to oz and flying back from the states....she will look like a washed out rag when she goes back...and why was she wearing a wooly.....did no one tell we are having a heat wave here.,,,LOL..

Its alwasy worse going in that direction. Coming from Oz to the Uk is less tiring than goinf from Uk to Oz,,,,its something to do with body clocks and biorhythmns...the only times I have ever got jet lag is going to oz and flying back from the states....she will look like a washed out rag when she goes back...and why was she wearing a wooly.....did no one tell we are having a heat wave here.,,,LOL..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Becourse it's freezing in sydney atm :)

Archived