Our longest-serving stars

Guest Andy

Our longest-serving stars

The Advertiser

18 June 2005

GEORGIE Parker's eight years on All Saints pales in comparison with the likes of Kate Ritchie, who was only nine when she joined Home and Away in its 1988 debut year as Sally Fletcher. She has been with the soap since.

* Ray Meagher, who plays Alf Stewart, is the only other original on Home and Away. It celebrates 4000 episodes on July 8.

* John Wood, Martin Sacks and Julie Nihill have been with Blue Heelers since its inception in 1994. Sacks left the series this year and his character, PJ Hasham, will depart the show in a few weeks.

* Judith McGrath (aka Von) has been with All Saints since it began in 1998.

* Ian Smith - or Harold from Neighbours - has been at Ramsay St since 1987. He left the show in 1991 and returned in 1996.

* Stefan Dennis was with Neighbours from 1985 to 1993 and returned last year.

* Tom Oliver first played Lou Carpenter on Neighbours in 1988, reviving the character in 1992.

* Alan Fletcher appeared on Neighbours in 1987 and returned as womanising doc Karl Kennedy in 1994.

* Jackie Woodburne has been with the show since 1994 and Ryan Maloney, aka Toadfish, since 1995.

Don't know if you could really count Paul Robinson, as he was only in the show for 7 years before he left, and has only just come back.

It's good to see H&A with the longest serving, it needs some stability, although I have to say that it all pales in comparison to UK soaps.

In Corrie, not that I'm a regular watcher, but the longest serving is Ken Barlow who's been with the soap since 1960 then there's many others who have been there from the 70s and 80s like Mike Baldwin.

Oh, and of course, Norman (Don Fisher) Coburn appeared in Corrie once.

Don't know if you could really count Paul Robinson, as he was only in the show for 7 years before he left, and has only just come back.

I always thought that Paul left in 1994 and then returned for his guest starring appearence in 1995 ... as last year upon his return I'm sure it was mentioned in articles that it had been 10 years since he last appeared ... not 12

Archived