Bec's Last Day on H&A

Guest Lozz83

Bec's last day at the Bay

June 17, 2005

SHE'S lost her husband and father, survived a car accident, a plane crash and become pregnant - but Bec Cartwright's biggest challenge will be saying goodbye to her Home and Away character Hayley today.

Bound for her new life as Mrs Lleyton Hewitt, the 22-year-old soapie star will shoot her last scenes on the Summer Bay set, which she has worked on since the age of 14.

"It's going to be a very draining day, with lots of teary goodbyes," Cartwright told Confidential.

"The cast are like my family - especially people like Kate Ritchie, who have looked out for me since the very beginning.

"I've pretty much grown up on the show and I'm really going to miss the whole motion of it," she said.

To help her through her final farewells, the actor got some words of advice from her former co-star Kristy Wright, who played the character of Chloe for five years.

"She told me that your last day is very emotional and people are crying, but it doesn't hit you until you don't have to turn up to work all of a sudden," Cartwright said.

Post Home and Away, things aren't looking so tough for the fiancee of Australia's No.1 tennis star.

Cartwright's life over the past six months reads like a soapie script - she met Hewitt, they fell in love, got engaged, fell pregnant and also managed to raise funds for a Cambodian orphanage.

The next chapter will see Cartwright jet off to the UK to fulfill her courtside duties at Wimbledon, then return to her $4.5 million Palm Beach love nest to wed Hewitt on July 21.

This is from the Daily Telegraphs Website and will be in todays paper.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the show will miss Bec. She has been one of the ongoing, solid actors on which a show like this relies. She has never been hugely high profile, except perhaps in recent days when I think she was preparing to depart anyway. If reports can be believed she is a hard working, professional actor without being brilliant. She never had the character to be a "bad girl" which would have made her popular with many.

As for those who have queued up recently to dump on her perhaps that merely means she has achieved "tall poppy" status and people feel that well known Ozzie need to "knock her off."

Aahhhhhh , im gonna be so sad when she finally leaves our screens , bec has always been my favorite and the character of hayley will never be the same. Thanks bec for all those wonderful years. I hope even thoug the character is staying that becs last scenes as hayley are great and maybe a little emotional.

Good luck with everything bec we will miss you xxxx

Archived