Laurie's favourite shops

Guest Andy

MY FAVOURITES

Sun Herald

12 June 2005

with Laurie Foell, actor, Home And Away

Arida

61 Macleay Street, Potts Point. Phone 9357 4788.

This is the most beautiful shop in the whole world! It offers an array of things, from clothes to footwear to home furnishings, all great stuff. The staff are lovely, too, and very patient with me when I go in and drool.

Livoti Deli Cafe

13-15 Francis Street, Dee Why. Phone 9981 3550.

People who live on the northern beaches will know this is one of the best delis in Sydney and it has been run by the same family for years. You can stock up on your pastas and pastramis at wholesale prices. Even if you're not a northerner, it's worth a detour.

Pet's Paradise

Shop 5041, level 5, Westfield Bondi Junction. Phone 9389 4737.

Our Devon rex cat Hymie rules our household, so we spend a lot of time choosing little presents as a reward for him being so smart and cute. Last purchase was a great DVD it's basically fish swimming around and birds squawking, he loves it.

Queens Park Flowers

Corner Birrell and Newland streets, Bondi Junction. Phone 9387 3299.

It has beautiful flowers and great arrangements, plus funky little gift ideas. I recently bought a girlfriend of mine some great baby bloomers for her newborn and she was delighted. The girls behind the counter are always good for a yarn and a giggle.

Ariel Booksellers

42 Oxford Street, Paddington. Phone 9332 4581.

An oldie but a goodie. Whenever I have trouble finding a book on acting or the film industry, I always seem to find it here. Plus, it's handy being across the road from the Verona Cinema; you can kill two birds with one stone.

Alannah Hill

Shop 3060, level 3, Westfield Bondi Junction. Phone 9389 3066.

Feminine, frilly and designed by an Aussie, so it gets all ticks. I never have more compliments about something I'm wearing than when I wear a dress I bought here. Plus the girls who work here are lovely and really helpful.

I love her too. And as someone who works shifts in a busy store and has some *awful* customers, the fact that she actually praises the staff in those stores *really* impresses me.

It's official: Laurie rocks. And anyone who says otherwise is wrong, wrong, wrong. :wink:

I love her too. And as someone who works shifts in a busy store and has some *awful* customers, the fact that she actually praises the staff in those stores *really* impresses me.

It's official: Laurie rocks. And anyone who says otherwise is wrong, wrong, wrong.  :wink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Obviously she is a real lady. :lol:

Archived