International-award-winning actress to join H&A

Guest Andy

Sydney Confidential

Daily Telegraph

1 June 2005

HUMBLE Summer Bay can now claim to have an international-award-winning actress on-screen.

Holly Brisley (pictured), of all people, has won a Best Actress award at the New York International Independent Film and Video Festival for her work on The Crop.

The pot-smoking flick, which had its world premiere in Penrith and had an extremely limited release that didn't include any major screens here, also scored the gong in the Best Feature Film International section. All very odd.

HUMBLE Summer Bay can now claim to have an international-award-winning actress on-screen.

Holly Brisley, of all people, has won a Best Actress award at the New York International Independent Film and Video Festival for her work on The Crop.

The pot-smoking flick, which had its world premiere in Penrith and had an extremely limited release that didn't include any major screens here, also picked the gong in the Best Feature Film International section. All very odd.

Source: mediaspy.org and The Daily Telegraph.

insidesport_150knockout_08.jpg

I never thought the media would make such a big deal out of Holly Brisley arriving on Home And Away, but I guess it is a bit odd, considering most actors start on a soap, then make their way to crappy movies. Wheras Holly did the crappy movies first, now she's doing the soap! I can't remember if this has ever happened before on H&A.

Anyway, how long until Amanda arrives? She started filming at the end of April I think. :unsure: Even if she stinks, I just cannot wait for something interesting and believable to happen to Dull Dan and Leah.

Pick of the crop at critical mass

The Courier-Mail

2 June 2005

HOORAY for Holly. Brisley, that is.

She just picked up the Best Actress-Feature Film award at the New York International Independent Film & Video Festival for her stirling work in The Crop.

The NYIIFVF -- catchy as a cold, that -- claims to be the largest film festival in the world. Strange we've never heard of it then.

As for The Crop, it's an Aussie flick about growing pot that was in cinemas for about three minutes late last year before disappearing into the ether.

Here's what Holly, who's just joined the cast of Home & Away, had to say to our entertainment reporter about the film's poor reviews in Australia: "I don't think the movie did that well with Australian critics . . . but the film appealed to a US audience. I believe it got a standing ovation. Australian critics are really critical."

Archived