Emmerdale

msf

I've spent a lot of time on farms and mending fences is not something people do that often.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Obviously it depends how strong your fences are then! Or maybe how determined your cows are to get out. :P I like the sound of the new Dingle girl, great name, but I hope she isn't just a carbon copy of Chaz to replace her while she's away. If they do something different with her that would be great.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in my experience cows only get out when you forgot to give them some water :P

Tell your friend their fences will last longer if they put the pointy end of their posts in a fire until it's black, it stops them from rotting in the ground.

Also locust trees make better posts.

Didn't Leah in H&A arrive the same way as Delilah ?

• 3 weeks later...

'Emmerdale' signs former Corrie actress

Wednesday, June 22 2005, 18:10 BST -- by Kris Green

Sally Ann Matthews, a former Coronation Street cast member, is set to join Emmerdale in July.

The actress joined Corrie in 1986 and played the role of Jenny Bradley until 1992, making a brief reappearance the following year.

Sally Ann has now signed to Emmerdale where she will assume the new role of Sandra Briggs.

Her character will be at the centre of a dramatic storyline incolving her on-screen husband and the King family.

Speaking of her new role, Sally Ann said: "I am thrilled to be playing the role of Sandra. I have been a huge fan of Emmerdale for many years now and I can't wait to start filming."

Series producer Kath Beedles commented: "We are delighted to welcome Sally Ann to Emmerdale."

She revealed: "Her character Sandra will be caught in the crossfire as the Kings ruthlessly battle to secure the land they need for their housing development."

Sally Ann will start filming at the end of June and will appear on screen towards the end of July.

'Emmerdale' actor faces blindness

Monday, June 27 2005, 10:38 BST -- by Daniel Saney

Emmerdale's Patrick Mower may lose his sight if he does not undergo surgery within the next two years.

However, Mower, who plays Rodney Blackstock in the soap, has apparently not yet booked the surgery as he is currently working on an important storyline and does not want to disrupt his work schedule. He also admits that he is nervous about the procedure.

Mower, 62, first became worried that his sight was failing around six months ago whilst playing tennis. An initial diagnosis said that he was suffering from dust behind the eye, but when new glasses did not cure the problem it was found that he had pre-retinal glial membrane, meaning that the retina crinkles up.

He told the News of the World: "When they told me I'm going blind I was distraught.

"Our little son Maxim is only seven and the most beautiful boy in the world. I want to see him grow up - the thought I may not terrifies me."

Second 'Emmerdale' actress gives birth

Wednesday, June 29 2005, 15:33 BST -- by Kris Green

Emmerdale actress Lucy Pargeter has given birth to a healty baby girl.

Lucy - who plays Chastity Dingle - along with her fianc? Rudi Coleano were thrilled to announce the birth of their daughter Lola Grace Coleano this morning.

Lola was born at 6.30am at Leeds General Infirmary, weighing in at 7lbs 7oz.

Of her new arrival, Lucy said: "It was a long hard labour but Lola is beautiful and we are both thrilled."

The actress added: "She has got my lips and Rudi's nose! We would both like to thank the midwife team at the LGI who were absolutely fantastic."

Series Producer Kath Beedles commented: "We are delighted to hear of Lucy and

Rudi's new arrival and can't wait to meet baby Lola."

Lucy is currently on maternity leave but will return to our screens in the autumn.

Earlier this month, fellow actress Sammy Winward also became a mum, giving birth to daughter Mia.

Thanks Di, that's great to hear, it's about time she gave birth! She looked like she was going to pop these last few months! The name Lola seems popular at the mo, first Sara Cox and now Lucy. And Kate Moss' daughter is called Lila. Methinks there's a trend going on!

• 3 weeks later...

MAL TO SHOCK EM

Jul 17 2005

The Sunday Mirror

Exclusive By Suzanne Kerins

FORMER Emmerdale beauty Malandra Burrows is set to make a shock return to the Yorkshire soap.

Blonde Malandra, 39, who played unlucky-in-love Kathy Glover for 17 years, is coming back to attend the screen funeral of the show's Seth Armstrong.

An insider said last night: "Malandra was one of the most popular characters on Emmerdale. Her return is a huge coup."

The storyline will see Malandra's character Kathy, who emigrated to Australia in 2001, come back to Yorkshire for Seth's send-off. Actor Stan Richards, 74, who played gamekeeper Seth for 27 years, died in February.

The ITV1 soap's scriptwriters wrote Seth out of the series with a storyline that also saw him head to Australia. The insider added: "Seth has died over there and Kathy will bring him back to be buried in the place he loved most - the Dales."

Before leaving Yorkshire, Kathy was involved in a series of dramatic stories including teetering on a cliff edge in a car with crazed Graham and being jilted by Biff at the altar.

Malandra also landed a £500,000 record deal, but was dropped after a series of flops.