EastEnders

Ashirr-Leigh

I will also mention that in tonights ep, I thought it was a little strange how Lucy is blackmailing if that's what is, Syed. :unsure:

I mean even if she did see him with Christian what reason does she have to taument him? It's not like she is related to Christian, why bother getting kicks out of sending abuse at someone, wouldn't it seem more logical to go to the Masood's and tell them the truth.

Also I feel soo sorry for Tamwar, Its obvious theres a little bit of favouritism towards Syed. I mean Syed lied to save his own butt and almost split his parents up! Not to mention that in the past he took money off them, and now he's cheating on his fiancee and going against his religion. Poor Tamwar is living in his brothers shadow. (Sorry I do go on a bit)

I don't know how long you've been watching Eastenders, but Lucy is supposed to be just like her late mother Cindy - a scheming b*tch. This isn't the first time we've seen Lucy blackmail someone, she was blackmailing Chelsea and Deano when she was only 13! I don't condone blackmail, but Syed is such a horrible selfish character, he kind of deserves it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will also mention that in tonights ep, I thought it was a little strange how Lucy is blackmailing if that's what is, Syed. :unsure:

I mean even if she did see him with Christian what reason does she have to taument him? It's not like she is related to Christian, why bother getting kicks out of sending abuse at someone, wouldn't it seem more logical to go to the Masood's and tell them the truth.

Also I feel soo sorry for Tamwar, Its obvious theres a little bit of favouritism towards Syed. I mean Syed lied to save his own butt and almost split his parents up! Not to mention that in the past he took money off them, and now he's cheating on his fiancee and going against his religion. Poor Tamwar is living in his brothers shadow. (Sorry I do go on a bit)

I don't know how long you've been watching Eastenders, but Lucy is supposed to be just like her late mother Cindy - a scheming b*tch. This isn't the first time we've seen Lucy blackmail someone, she was blackmailing Chelsea and Deano when she was only 13! I don't condone blackmail, but Syed is such a horrible selfish character, he kind of deserves it.

Yeah I think Syed deserves anything he gets. He is one selfish person when hes under pressure and will do absolutely anything to try and shift the suspicion from himself just like he told Zainab that his dad was having an affair with Jane just to cover his own affair.

Yeah I think Syed deserves anything he gets. He is one selfish person when hes under pressure and will do absolutely anything to try and shift the suspicion from himself just like he told Zainab that his dad was having an affair with Jane just to cover his own affair.

I have sympathy for Syed to some extent, it is obviously very difficult for him being trapped in the closet and constantly trying to live up to Zainab's expectations. However, his father is a genuinely good man and doesn't deserve to be lied about and falsely accused of things, just to save Syed's skin.

What I don't get about Syed is that he lived away from his family for years, and during that time he was free to do what he pleased and be with whoever he wanted, so why does he choose to keep up the pretense of being straight, when he could just go off again and live his life the way he wants? I suppose it isn't that simple though, he probably doesn't want to have to choose between his family and his sexuality.

Former Hollyoaks producer Bryan Kirkwood is to take the helm at the BBC's flagship soap EastEnders after Diederick Santer steps down following the show's 25th anniversary.

Since taking over in October 2006, Santer has pioneered EastEnders through some of its most powerful and controversial storylines of recent years, including the Tony/Whitney paedophile plot, Danielle's death and Stacey's bipolar.

His time in office has also seen the return of a handful of the soap's iconic characters, such as Ricky Butcher (Sid Owen), Bianca Jackson (Patsy Palmer), the original Sam Mitchell (Danniella Westbrook) and from early next year, the rest of the Jackson clan, including Carol, Sonia, Robbie and Billy.

Santer also introduced the show's most successful Asian family the Masoods into Walford and spearheaded the Bradley/Stacey/Max Christmas day reveal, which was seen by an average of 14.38m viewers. He also took the decision to mark the show's 25th anniversary with a special live episode.

Santer (pictured below) said of his departure: "I've had the most fantastic time at EastEnders. It's without doubt the best job in telly, and I've loved every minute of it. It's a busy and challenging job so I'm now looking forward to becoming reacquainted with my family and friends. I'm grateful to all the people I've collaborated with over the last three years who work so hard and so creatively. It's been a real pleasure to work with them and to get to know them, and I'm going to miss them all enormously."

From February 20, Santer will relinquish his role to ex-Hollyoaks producer Bryan Kirkwood, who helmed the Channel 4 teen soap for three years before stepping aside to make way for successor Lucy Allan.

Kirkwood said of his new position: "I'm a huge soap fan so for me to be the new executive producer of EastEnders is a dream come true. Diederick Santer has done an amazing job and I'll be taking over a show at the top of its game - quite a daunting task but one I can't wait to get started on."

Kirkwood headed up production of E4's late-night Hollyoaks offering Later, which featured soapland's first parachute death and a cameo performance by Welsh songstress Bonnie Tyler.

Prior to Hollyoaks, he spent a decade working at Coronation Street as a storyliner during the Richard 'Tricky Dicky' Hillman (Brian Capron) era.

Santer added of his successor: "I'm delighted that I'm passing the show on to Bryan Kirkwood. He's a vastly talented and original producer with a brilliant storylining mind. I'm confident that under him, EastEnders will continue to thrive and to grow and to keep delivering the very best drama to its massive audience."

Controller of BBC drama John Yorke said: "Diederick has presided over an incredibly strong period in the show's history and demonstrated an instinctive mastery of what makes the programme such a success. Able to switch from brave and radical public service storytelling to big sweeping set pieces, he has been concerned only to get the best out of those around him and to match the highest standards of the programme's founders."

He went on: "Leaving EastEnders fighting fit and at the top of its game as it reaches its quarter century, he'll be missed hugely by cast and crew. He's going to be a very hard to act to follow but I'm confident Bryan is the right man for the job."

I am actually SO gutted that Santers leaving!! :(

He is without doubt one of the best exec producers Eastenders has ever seen, he created the best characters ever (Ronnie,Roxy,the Masoods,Christian,Archie,Danielle,) and brought back some of the shows most iconic characters (Bianca,Ricky,Janine,Carol,Sonia,Robbie,Sam) :(

Not to mention the huge storyines he can be credited for (Ronnie/Danielle,Christian/Syed, Stacey & Max's affair revelation,Staceys bi polar, and so many more)

I know that Bryan Kirkwood done a goo job when he first took over at Hollyoaks but towards the end he was pretty crap.

I now think that Santers leaving was a big factor in Barbara Windsor quitting. Eastenders will dearly miss Diederick Santer :(

I am not sure about this new guy. Hollyoaks is a soap that is for teenagers IMO so I have my doubts about whether Kirkwood can maintain that standard because Santer is the only reason that I came back to EE and havent stopped watching since.

Wee set of spoilers for next week to come!

Monday 9th November

Ronnie catches a soaking wet Owen in the sitting room looking at Danielle's picture, in the first visit of the week to Albert Square. She questions him about his feelings for Denise but Owen lies, denying he has any.

Peggy, meanwhile, is happy with the turnout for the Queen Vic's "happy hour", but this fades when she sees Archie. Causing a scene, she tells him that he isn't welcome.

Tuesday 10th November

Ronnie tells Owen that she doesn't want Roxy to know that he stayed the night, as EastEnders continues. But, as Owen leaves the Vic, Denise catches him and makes a comment about him being an early starter.

Janine catches up with Archie in the Square and asks him what he's playing at. He tells Janine that her plan was rubbish and he has a better one – but it's private.

Thursday 12th November

Owen spots a troubled Denise while walking through the Square, in tonight's visit to Walford. She notices him and turns away, twiddling her engagement ring. Patrick informs her Lucas is eager to discuss wedding plans but a frustrated Denise walks off.

Meanwhile, in the café, Lucy puts her sleuthing skills to good use, trying to establish who attacked her. She still thinks it's Syed, but Jay says she has no proof.

Friday 13th November

Sam tries to tell Jack that their relationship is over but, when he kisses her, she can't resist, in tonight's visit to the Square. Archie sees them kissing and cracks a devious smile.

Peggy overhears Archie telling Roxy that he might show up unannounced at Amy's party, and that he can always talk Peggy round. Peggy angrily asks Roxy to leave

I am not sure about this new guy. Hollyoaks is a soap that is for teenagers IMO so I have my doubts about whether Kirkwood can maintain that standard because Santer is the only reason that I came back to EE and havent stopped watching since.

Really? I'm the complete opposite - I would have said that it can't possibly get any worse, so bring on the new guy! Aside from the occasional interesting storyline/character I think the show has gone downhill massively over the last few years.

Really? I'm the complete opposite - I would have said that it can't possibly get any worse, so bring on the new guy! Aside from the occasional interesting storyline/character I think the show has gone downhill massively over the last few years.

Wow I highly disagree with you !!

IMO Santer has completely turned Eastenders around and I feel that the show is at the best its been in years.

I am actually quite suprised to hear that but then everyone has their own point of view. For me Santer has done everything he can to keep EE up to a high standard and for me he has done it especially in bringing back Bianca and Ricky but I hate the fact that Sam is back and doing nothing.. where is this explosive storyline that was supposed to exist? Maybe its coming but I think its a bit of a letdown!

In regards to the Syed/Christian storyline, I find myself feeling sorry for Syed and Christian because the situation they are in wasnt exactly avoidable. They do say that you cant help who you fall for. Lucy; in some ways I do believe that she was trying to help but a large chunk of it was for money and to get one 'over' on them as people say these days.

Archie and Janine. I really want Janine to kill Archie. He has just been so annoyingly irriating the past few weeks and since the plan to 'burn' the Vic down and frame Billy for it came to frutition I just find myself not liking him more and more which is a shame because EE needs a villain and for me Owen just doesnt do it yet but Lucas is working his way up there. I hope Lucas gets found out before his marriage to Denise happens and that Libby and Chelsea finally get what an evil man he really is!

On "this Morning" (ITV1) yesterday, they interviewed Masood.

Aparently they are going to drag out the wedding till Christmas.

Seems to mee that Eastenders are doing the Stacey/Bradley wedding xmas day route. <_< Figures.

Syed gives me the creeps. Christian deserves so much better :unsure: I actually like Christian's character so am ticked off that he's been paired with Syed.

We all know how this one is going to end.

Do you think Zainab will fall into labour at the wedding? - whilst Syed admitts to everything? :ph34r::lol: that would be great...

Archived