EastEnders

Ashirr-Leigh

No, they aren't back together, but they do share a house.

I'm not against the idea of a gay Muslim character, but with Syed I feel that that's all he is. It's like they've taken this Muslim character and thought, what can we do with him that will get people talking? When really being gay just doesn't fit with his character. I actually think it would have been better if Tamwar had turned out to be gay (although not in a relationship with Christian, obviously!). I could totally see that happening, but with Syed I just don't buy it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think Bianca and Ricky are together but I hope they do but I think their relationship is put into jeopardy when

Sam returns because she was once his wife

Claire louise I dont actually agree. I think Syed for me is very convincing as a gay character but I think that is just a matter of opinion as something like Heather's pregnacy and Dawn and Phil's 'affair' are really shoddily thought out but I am liking Libby and Owen's storyline :D

With Libby and Owen, I just don't see how she'd ever forgive him, let alone so easily. I know he's her dad, but she seems to have forgotten all about what happened at the first sign of an apology. Let's not forget he tried to drown her! Not to mention beating up her mum on numerous occasions and taking them hostage. I do think Owen is a brilliant villain though so it will be interesting to see what he gets up to when he comes back, but as with Nasty Nick I find it gets old when characters keep on forgiving people who are blatantly evil through and through.

With Owen and Libby I am slightly annoyed. I wanted Libby to take longer and be hostile should I say towards Owen but I just love the fact that Owen has come back to EE that I am willing to let it go and not be too annoyed by it, Owen hasnt changed or at least I dont think he has.

Drums?? Am not sure what you mean :unsure:

I'm refering to my original question above. The drums at the end of Eastenders just as the credits start are gone. The drums were iconic. The actors used to vie for getting "the drums" as it meant they had a big scene if the script said "drums" after their last scene. They had the cliffhanger scene at the end. I heard one of the actors talking about it in an interview a couple of years ago.

Anyway, the drums are gone now, but instead of rewriting the theme they have just cut them out so the theme tune sounds really disjointed.

Drums?? Am not sure what you mean :unsure:

I'm refering to my original question above. The drums at the end of Eastenders just as the credits start are gone. The drums were iconic. The actors used to vie for getting "the drums" as it meant they had a big scene if the script said "drums" after their last scene. They had the cliffhanger scene at the end. I heard one of the actors talking about it in an interview a couple of years ago.

Anyway, the drums are gone now, but instead of rewriting the theme they have just cut them out so the theme tune sounds really disjointed.

The drums were in at the end of last nights episode I'm sure !!

Are you referring to the "dun dun " moment at the end ? If so they we're present last night .

I have done some research into this since and it appears that they are only omitted from the theme by RTE. BBC still play the original theme. Bizarre though. I will be making sure to only watch on BBC from now on in order to get the full effect.

Archived