EastEnders

Ashirr-Leigh

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really though Phil was going to kill Archie tonight, what a dissapointment :(

I think we all know the type of person Archie is he but didn’t actually kill Danielle. It was an accident even though I still feel as though he was indirectly responsible for death. And although I was extremely angry with the whole incident and the way that he treated certain people, I’m glad Phil didn’t kill him as he had far too much to lose i.e. Ben. And I’m not sure what he did warranted a death sentence either. I have to say though I was a bit stumped with Peggie’s reaction. I understand she’s in an almost impossible situation (as she’s now stuck in a marriage she can’t get out of) but did she actually expect Phil to kill him and risk throwing his whole life away? :unsure: Then afterwards when she chucked him out I was totally bemused. Perhaps she is starting to lose the plot.

On another note I was watching a Documentary on the Mitchells on BBC three and the producers said that they had gone through every possible outcome regarding Ronnie and Danielle and ultimately they decided to kill her off to save Ronnie’s character as they felt that if they had bonded as mother and daughter and everything went back to relative normality this would have ruined her. So by giving Danielle to her briefly and taking her away this torment would allow her to continue to stay true to the person we have always known.

I wonder if Archie's return will also be at the same point of Sam's return. What if they come back together?

I am fed up with Eastenders and the repeated storylines. I mean why do we need to see Phil drunk again, they have been there before, it just gets boring. They need to do something quickly to get it back to being good viewing for me, and I can't wait until Summer and the above spoiler, they need to act now. I don't think I can stand months of here and there storylines.

• 4 weeks later...

Well done to Eastenders for coming out on top at the British Soap Awards this year, by far the best soap of the year. I am so happy that Robert Kazinsky (who played Sean Slater) got the Best Actor award, he deserved it. It is good to know that once a character has left a programme that they are not forgotten about and neither are their storylines. I hope that next year that the Ronnie and Danielle storyline get nominated for some awards, considering I didn't agree with the outcome I still think there was some superb acting going on there and the overall storyline was good.

Back to recent episodes....

I loved Fridays episode when it just focused on Stacey, I know I am going to enjoy this storyline. Lacey is a very good actress and any story that is thrown at her she always gives her best.

This new doctor Al, I am finding him very dodgy. I don't know why as there has been no indication from the media that he is a bad guy or anything like that, it's just a feeling I am getting. I will be keeping my eye on him for sure. :P:D

• 2 months later...

Is anyone else loving the Christian and Syed storyline?

Also, does anyone know where the drums are gone at the start of the closing credits? It sounds so wrong now that they've cut them out. Why would they do that? The drums on the cliffhanger were legendary!

Is anyone else loving the Christian and Syed storyline?

Actually, quite the opposite. I think they're doing it purely for the sake of being controversial. I don't buy Syed as a gay or even bisexual character - he never showed the slightest hint of it until recently, in fact when he joined the show they billed him as the show's latest 'hunk' and made a big thing about him and Amira being the new golden couple, and consequently I get the feeling the writers have come up with the idea on a whim.

Actually I don't think any of the storylines at the moment are particularly convincing. Dawn and Phil's affair, Peggy reconciling with Archie, Heather's pregnancy, Libby forgiving her dad for trying to kill her...all very far fetched. The only saving graces are Bianca and family (whose return I wasn't holding out much hope for, but I've been pleasantly surprised) and Max and Tanya (another far fetched storyline, but the strength of their acting just about makes up for it).

^ Are Bianca and Ricky back together? I missed months and months of the show and can never tell now when I'm watching whether they are a couple or not.

I think the Syed storyline is very important. There are so many layers to it, culture, religion, family, sexuality. It's been very well thought out and is very well portrayed I think. The torture for Christian is so different to the torture for Syed, purely because of Syed's background. Neither one will ever fully understand how the other sees the situation and I think that makes it compelling to watch.

Archived