EastEnders

Ashirr-Leigh

^^ You and Slade both said that Ronnie has thought her daughter was dead for years. I thought Archie only told her when he first arrived in Eastenders that she had died.

Yeah Archie only told Ronne last summer in Weymouth during his first appearance

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o Last night's episode has left me stunned. It really was shocking, powerful & tragic stuff. Even though I knew beforehand that Danielle will probably die, I still can't quite belive it has happened. I still haven't fully got my head around it.

I cried so much for Ronnie. First to have all those feelings for a child she believed was dead for 18 years being dragged up by someone she was convinced was mentally unstable, then to find out everything she's been told all her life by her own father was a lie, and then to realise that she had unintentionally put her own through hell... I can't begin to imagine what was going through her mind when everything fell into place. & to top that off to have her die in your arms. Both Lauren and Samantha were fantastic. Ronnie’s scream at the end was bone chilling. I hope she wins an award for best actress or something.

I agree completely. Watching Ronnie over the whole of the episode, and when the final relaisation happened, was so saddening. I shed a few tears too. :( People have always labelled Ronnie as this 'ice queen' and say they find it hard to empathise with her, especially early on. But to me she's always had this permanent sadness, conveyed through her eyes, whatever she was doing. Then when we found out her whole 'giving up her baby' story and the way Archie treated her, it all just fell in to place for me. I don't blame her for having that kind of cold exterior, and tbh I could always see this vulnerable side to her. I find her story so sad, and find it easy to empathise with her, compared to a lot of other characters on the square. The way it's all ended is even more sad & tragic. In a way, Ronnie's own daughter Danielle's life has mirrored her own in terms of sorrow & tragedy. I can still hear Ronnie's scream now, it was indeed very chilling. Brilliant performances by both Lauren & Samantha. I can't wait to see how all this will affect Ronnie and how she will react to the tragedy.

The look on Archie's face when Peggy turned up at the church was priceless. He really is a cruel person. Those looks can kill. I’m glad Peggy stood up for herself. Barbra Windsor was amazing in the scene with Archie. The screaming the shouting. The sheer disbelieve that she’d actually married him. Brilliant! I’m also glad that Danielle spilled the news about Archie//Suzie. I’m really looking forward to how Phil handles the situation. & I think Roxy has figured out that it was Suzie who planted the DNA results in the cracker. I’m definitely looking forward to some Roxy//Archie showdown tomorrow.

Archie really is something else. I find the way he was written to be so much more intriguing than your average charicature villian. He was always so calm & collected about everything. The way he went about manipulating people & situations was indeed so very cleverly done. So controlling. I'm not sure how anyone could be so cruel to their own child & grandchild, but Larry Lamb sure derserves a mention for his performance and bringing Archie to life so brilliantly.

I'm glad Peggy stood up for herself before she actually got married. Also her reactions when everything fell in to place for her, when all was revealed was spot on. The way she screamed at everyone to 'get out of 'er pub' was great. I really am looking forward to seeing more reaction from her & how it will all affect her from now on. Plus the Roxy/Archie confrontation should be interesting. That small moment where Ronnie places the locket in Roxy's hand before she leaves, and then Roxy opens her palm to see the locket with the pic, and a small tear rolls down her cheek was perfect. That small scene alone was so very powerful, and you could see how all this had affected Roxy too, and how the sisters still shared a strong bond. Roxy finally realised that Ronnie was always right about their father.

I'd like to see how this affects Janine as well. She isn’t totally heartless but I can see this having a repercussion on her to. The look on her face at the end, you could see she was remorseful.

Ditto. Janine, for once, did look utterly shocked by what had happened, as a result of her own actions. Yes it was an accident, but you could see that it had affected her hugely, she actually looked sorry. It will be interesting to see which direction her character goes in, if the aftermath of all this, and the guilt, affects her positively or negatively. Will we see her character go more darker or not? :unsure: Either way, intriguing stuff should follow.

I understand that the writers were going for the shock factor, but imo they didn’t need to kill Danielle off to get that. They could’ve done so much more with Danielle still alive. Integrate her with the Mitchell’s, build a relationship with Roxy & Amy, plus we’d still have the Archie downfall. It’s a tragic end to a great storyline, & although I enjoyed it immensely I believe it still had a lot more potential.

I really, really wish they hadn't killed Danielle off. There was so much more they could have done with her character, and I don't think it would have been any less interesting, then the repurcussions of her death will be. I keep thinking she will be alive tomorrow, even though I know that will not be the case. :(

Brilliant episode, thoroughly enjoyed watching it. Perfectly written, directed & performed. :)

I don't follow Eastenders on a regular basis, I haven't since Steven Beale left (bring him back! :(:wub:), but I do catch it occasionally, and I watched last night out of curiosity. I was such a wimp at the end, I just cried and cried. I can see why people feel hard done by Danielle being killed off, she was a great character, and the actress really shone last night. What I'd love to know is why is Archie so evil and manipulative? Obviously as I haven't been watching regularly I may have missed some back story of his telling us why, or even hinting at some reason for his behaviour, but if it hasn't been explained yet, I think it should be now.

I think this will hit Janine hard because tonight she lays flowers where Danielle died .

Man I feel Ronnie's pain so much and it just feels so real . I really cant see any way back for Ronnie because she is officially ruined , and I thought she was ruined before all of this but trust me she has seriously gone beyond the point of no return :(

Why am I so devastated at this storyline , why oh why . :(

and apparently the BBC have been having tons of complaints mainly angry fans that are devastated at bthe way the writers decided to end the storyline. Theyve had so much feedback that the exec producer has made a statement about last nights episode :

EastEnders executive producer Diederick Santer has responded to audience reaction following last night's episode of the BBC soap.

The hour special - which featured Peggy (Barbara Windsor) and Archie's (Larry Lamb) wedding as well as the death of Ronnie Mitchell's (Samantha Janus) secret daughter Danielle (Lauren Crace) - was seen by an average of 10.6m and caused an abnormal power surge on at the National Grid.

However, the episode has sparked mixed feelings among some of the viewing audience, with many members of the DS forums expressing their dismay at the plot's ending. The BBC has also confirmed that it has received a number of representations regarding the storyline.

Santer this afternoon said: "Last night's EastEnders contained all the elements of a classic soap episode – a wedding, high drama and tragedy.

"We acknowledge that we didn't deliver the happy ending that many of the audience may have been hoping for, and that for some people this was upsetting. We hope viewers understand that our aim is to deliver the best drama. That doesn't always lead to a happy ending.

He added: "EastEnders - like all good drama - contains a balance of storylines, both happy and sad. We’re proud of the episode, the storyline which built up to it and the way the audience have engaged with it."

and guys I wouldnt worry about Archie !!

next weeks episode are top secret according to Inside Soap and Archie is leaving the square and I read that Phil sorts him out

:o the coming week will include a brutal kidnap , a death sentence and a mother disowns her child!!

I so cant wait for tonights episode , Roxy throws all Archies stuff out the window :D and Archie offers to accompany Ronnie to see Dan's dead body but Ronnie tells him if he goes near her daughter she will kill him !!

Did anyone else notice how Danielle stood and stared at Janine coming for what seemed like ages? I'm sure she could have crossed the road safely five times over in the amount of time she stood staring.

Did anyone else notice how Danielle stood and stared at Janine coming for what seemed like ages? I'm sure she could have crossed the road safely five times over in the amount of time she stood staring.

Yeah I know how you mean !!

I was screaming at the Tv RUN !! :(

I cannot simply wait for tonights episode, yesterdays had to be one of the best episodes i have seen in eastenders in years to be honest!!

Poor Ronnie, i've always loved her now she must go through more pain :(

I can't believe the evil slimebag Archie has been here since last summer :o

Its gone by soo fast.

Seriously I really don't know what is going on in Eastenders lately, not only have they killed of Danielle they have now decided to

bring back Sam Mitchell played by Daniella Westbrook

. I am losing a lot of respect for the show.

Archived