EastEnders

Ashirr-Leigh

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for this to be revealed.It's about time. I hope they're right about maybe its revealed on Mothers Day. That would be good and its not too long.

Yeah I think this storyline is dragging on way too long and I have a feeling it will all end in tragedy!! :(

Syed.jpg

Actor Marc Elliot will join the cast of EastEnders as Syed Masood in May.

Syed is the much talked about son of Masood Ahmed (Nitin Ganatra) and Zainab Masood (Nina Wadia).

Elliot's character will apparently be a smooth-talking natural charmer who knows how to get ahead in business. He is also described as "handsome, suave and sophisticated".

"At last he's here! The most talked-about yet unseen prodigal son in EastEnders history," said exec producer Diederick Santer.

"Syed is a fascinating character, and I'm sure Marc will bring his many dimensions to life with great verve. Entrepreneurial, reckless, dashing and complicated, he's set to bring surprises and chaos to the Masood family."

Speaking about his arrival in the square, Elliot said: "It is so exciting to join the cast of EastEnders and to be working with actors such as Nina Wadia and Nitin Ganatra who I have admired for many years.

"The Masood family have really made a name for themselves in the Square and it will be interesting see how Syed plans to stir things up!"

Elliot's credits include Holby City, The Bill and the History Boys UK theatre tour

all hell breaks loose in EastEnders on March 3 when a fight kicks off between Callum (Elliott Jordan) and Paul (Jack Gordon). Following his kiss with Stacey (Lacey Turner) the previous night, Paul wants to spend more time with her, but she's having none of it.

Despite Stacey asking him to leave, Paul won't budge and Bradley (Charlie Clements) interjects in the hope of moving him on. However, when Paul claims that Stacey's far from a lady, Callum lunges at him.

Former EastEnders actress Wendy Richard has died after suffering from cancer.

The television star died in the Harley Street Clinic in London with her husband John Burns by her side.

Her agent Kevin Francis said: "She was incredibly brave and retained her sense of humour right to the end."

Ms Richard, 65, was best known for her role as Pauline Fowler in the BBC soap.

She battled breast cancer in the mid-1990s and in 2002 before the disease went into remission for several years.

But she was told last year that it had returned in an aggressive form, attacking her kidneys, bones and spine.

Words taken from Sky News

Very sad news. Thoughts are with family and friends.

Former EastEnders actress Wendy Richard has died after suffering from cancer.

The television star died in the Harley Street Clinic in London with her husband John Burns by her side.

Her agent Kevin Francis said: "She was incredibly brave and retained her sense of humour right to the end."

Ms Richard, 65, was best known for her role as Pauline Fowler in the BBC soap.

She battled breast cancer in the mid-1990s and in 2002 before the disease went into remission for several years.

But she was told last year that it had returned in an aggressive form, attacking her kidneys, bones and spine.

Words taken from Sky News

Very sad news. Thoughts are with family and friends.

I've only just heard!!

I cant believe it !! Poor Wendy , she didnt get much time out of her retirement :(

She was an Eastenders legend.

R.I.P Wendy :(

EastEnders bosses this afternoon defended claims that they deliberately avoided promoting tonight's episode, which features an all-black cast for the first time in the show's history.

This evening's instalment of the Walford-based drama revolves around the Trueman and Fox families and the secret that mysterious newcomer Theo Kelly (Rolan Bell) is keeping from Patrick (Rudolph Walker).

During the episode, Theo meets with Chelsea (Tiana Benjamin) in the hope of learning more about Patrick. As they talk in the cafe, Theo's mobile phone rings and when he heads outside, Chelsea discovers a newspaper cutting with the headline 'Negro charged with assault', relating to Patrick's arrest on assault charges during the Notting Hill riots.

The script contains references to the 1958 riots as well as iconic American civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr, while the terms 'coloureds', 'negroes' and the racist slogan 'Keep Britain White' are also mentioned in the dialogue.

Despite claims to the contrary, programme-makers insisted that the storyline has received the same publicity treatment as the soap's other ongoing plots.

An insider this afternoon told DS: "Everyone at Elstree has been truly shocked and surprised by the attention that an episode with an all-black cast has had, given that we live in such a diverse and multicultural society."

A BBC spokesperson said: "Tonight's episode focuses on Patrick Trueman sharing his experiences of being a young man living in 1950s Britain with the family he lives with (the Foxes) which does mean it's solely an all-black cast on screen."

They added: "Patrick and the Foxes are an integral part of Albert Square and this is no different to other episodes where we've concentrated on one particular family or storyline in the past."

It was recently announced that acting legend Edward Woodward is to join the cast of the BBC soap as part of the ongoing storyline.

The episode itselfwas a brilliant episode I must say!!

It was kinda scary as well though with Theo makng strange phonecalls and telling Chelsea if she didnt get the clipping back Patrick would be hurt!!

and :o Lucas blackmailing Patrick , how dare he!! I hope Denise gives him the boot as soon as possible!!

Archived