Desperate Housewives

Guest claire_louise

From what I can gather there was a huge question (and a major hint) in the finale which is apparently going to be answered in Season 2. All I know is that its about Zach and isn't about the Dana thing :rolleyes:

Has anyone seen the advert for the season finale on Channel 4? Its going to be awesome :lol:

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

I get that Dana/Zach is the same person, but what I don't understand is how Zach could once have been a girl? Or am I getting completely the wrong end of the stick here?!? Probably. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In America, Dana is more usually a boy's name than a girl's. Strange, I know. :P But the idea that Dana was a girl could've been used by Zach's dad to lead him off of the scent even further. Or yeah... he could have been a hermaphrodite baby. Knowing DH it's not impossible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, that's really helpful, I never thought of that! That Dana could be a boy's name, I mean. It sounds v.girly!

I'm still wayy confused with Zach/Dana...so Zach is Dana?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Yep! It's not been made very clear has it? But I'm pretty sure that's the case now. They changed his name when they stole him from his junkie mum. I still think it was wrong and unnecessary (not to mention confusing) for his dad to make him think that he'd killed his sister though. But I guess that just goes to show how evil Paul is!

Also let's not forget that H&A had both a male and a female Shane (the female one being his daughter, who was named after him).

• 1 month later...

Desperate Housewives will be pre-empted again on Monday July 25th for a special - Desperate Housewives: The Secrets of Wisteria Lane.

This is Seven's own in-house special, unlike the last special Seven aired which was produced by ABC in America. It will be hosted by Shelly Craft and Tom Williams from The Great Outdoors and show never before seen footage banned by the American censors, cast and crew interviews, behind the scenes footage, and you'll learn how the hit TV series nearly didn't make it to air.

After the special there should be no more interruptions.

August 1st: Second Last Ep

August 8th: Season Final

Second season of 'Housewives' much "darker"

Monday, July 18 2005, 12:44 BST -- by Kris Green

Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry has expressed his joy over his 15 Emmy nominations.

"Thrilled, thrilled, thrilled!" said Cherry at Outfest 2005: The 23rd Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Film Festival. "I can't even think of another word. I was just really, really happy."

The writer promises that the next season of the hit suburban series will bring "more surprises, twists and turns."

"We're going darker with some of the storylines, and Alfre Woodard's [new] character (Betty Applewhite) is just up to no good on that street," he told the AP.

In the interview at the weekend, both Cherry and Marcia Cross (Bree Van de Camp) also dropped carefully crafted second-season tidbits.

"I think any time you get four or five really strong women doing desperate, dastardly things, I think gay men get a big kick out of it," Cherry continued. "The moment you put a woman in an evening gown mowing the lawn, it's just gay."

Archived