zara grace

Story Title: Love's Promise
Type of story: One Shot 
Main Characters: Jade Sutherland and Seb Miller

BTTB rating: T
Genre: Romance
Does story include spoilers: No
Any warnings: Sexual content
Summary:  - Seb had never felt the way he does about Jade for anyone before and after seeing Jade with Duncan at the party he makes a major choice. [The accident in 2004 never happened]

The jealousy that surged through Seb when he spotted his girlfriend Jade socializing with her ex, Duncan, at Hayley's 21st celebration made his stomach churn. It was a sensation unlike any he had experienced before, even when he almost lost Kirsty to Dylan. The fear of losing Jade to Duncan was now consuming him, creating an unsettling and unfamiliar unease.

Seb turned around to witness Jade and Duncan dancing on the dance floor, and even a smile had graced his girlfriend's face. It was one of the few smiles he had seen from her since she discovered she wasn't Kirsty's twin or Dani's sister anymore. However, the sight of Duncan making her smile and the image of them together was making him feel sicker by the minute.

At that moment, Seb came to a stark realization. He understood that he couldn't afford to lose her, and he was prepared to fight for her no matter what, even if it meant confronting Duncan physically. This revelation also brought to light the depth of his feelings for Jade, surpassing anything he had ever experienced before. He was certain now; that he wanted to marry Jade. Despite their youth, he felt a strong desire to commit to her and spend the rest of his life by her side.

Seb now understood there was only one thing he needed to do, besides getting a ring, and that was seeking advice from Alf. Immediately, he headed in the older man's direction.

"Uncle Alf." Alf looked over to see Seb standing beside him with a serious look on his face.

"Seb, what is it?" Seb took a breath. "I need to talk to you in private outside now." Seb wanted to inform Alf of his plans and get his help without anyone else finding out.

"Yes, of course." Alf immediately headed towards the exit, passing several people in the process, with Seb closely following behind him.

Once they were outside and Seb made sure no one in particular, especially Colleen, was around, he looked at Alf. "So, I've made a decision." Alf raised an eyebrow.

"What kind of decision?" Seb had the biggest smile on his face.

"A life one. I've decided I'm going to ask Jade to marry me." Alf was surprised at first, but then he spoke, "Are you sure this is what you want?" Seb nodded. "I am one hundred percent. You told me you knew with Alisa, well, that's how I feel with Jade. I've never felt about anyone before the way I do about Jade, and I want her to be my wife, Uncle Alf." Alf knew that Seb hadn't been this happy before; Jade made him happy.

"Okay, well, you have my full support." Seb smiled, relieved. "Thanks, Uncle Alf. Now I just need to get a ring and pray that she says yes." Alf looked at Seb. "I have no doubt that she will. She loves you, mate." Alf smiled before walking away, leaving Seb there to think.

Shortly after Seb figured out what he needed to do, he quickly made a phone call to a friend from school whose father worked as a ring designer and had plenty of premade ones. He looked at the website and informed his friend that he wanted the one with the silver band and the Jade gemstone on it; that ring perfectly matched Jade's style. Thankfully, the friend's father knew Seb, so he agreed to bring it down to the beach now. Seb was relieved because he didn't want to wait a minute longer to be engaged to Jade.

It didn't take long for the ring to be in Seb's hands. He looked at it in the box and knew that it was perfect and that everything else about this would be perfect too, as he would be asking the love of his life to be his wife.

He quickly put the ring in his pocket before walking into the surf club where he spotted Jade talking with Duncan and headed in their direction. Jade immediately spotted him and kissed him, something that made Seb smile. Jade then pulled away. "I saw you and Mr. Stewart talking before; is everything okay?" Seb could tell his girlfriend was concerned and simply smiled. "It will be. Can we talk outside for a minute alone?" Jade nodded as Seb grabbed her hand and she grabbed his, the two walking out of the surf club and strolling until they reached the middle of the beach.

Seb gazed out at the waves for a moment, a mixture of emotions swirling within him. The crashing sound of the ocean seemed to echo his racing thoughts. Jade, sensing a shift in Seb's demeanor, furrowed her brow with concern. The sun dipped lower on the horizon, casting a warm, golden glow on the sand around them.

As Seb remained silent, Jade couldn't help but feel a growing unease. She tightened her grip on his hand, searching his eyes for any hint of what might be bothering him. The breeze carried the scent of the sea, and the distant laughter from the surf club underscored the quiet tension between them.

After a minute that felt longer, Jade finally spoke, her voice tinged with worry. "Seb, what's going on?"

Seb took a deep breath, his gaze still fixed on the horizon. The weight of his emotions made it difficult to find the right words. "Jade," he began slowly, "I need to be honest with you. I'm scared."

Jade's concern deepened, her eyes searching his face for answers. "Scared? Seb, what's going on?" she asked, her voice filled with genuine worry.

Seb finally turned to face her, his expression vulnerable. "I'm scared of losing you, Jade. Especially to Duncan."

Jade's eyes widened in surprise. "Duncan? Why would you be scared of that?"

Seb hesitated before admitting, "I'm... I'm jealous, Jade. When I saw you with him at the party, I felt this overwhelming fear that I might lose you to him."

Jade's brows furrowed as she processed his words. "Jealous? Seb, you know there's nothing between Duncan and me. We're just friends."

Seb nodded, looking conflicted. "I know, Jade. It's just that... I love you so much, and the thought of someone else being with you, especially him, it scares me."

Jade's expression softened, and she gently cupped Seb's face with her hands. "Seb, you don't need to be jealous. I chose you. I love you, and I would never go back to Duncan or anyone else. You're the one I want to be with."

Seb met her gaze, and a sense of relief washed over him. "You really mean that?"

Jade nodded, a reassuring smile on her lips. "Absolutely. I love you, Seb, and nothing, and no one could ever change that."

Seb took a moment to absorb Jade's admission, the warmth of her words sinking deep into his heart. Feeling a surge of love, he began to speak, his voice filled with sincerity and passion.

"Jade, you mean everything to me. I've never felt this way about anyone before. You're my best friend, my confidante, and the love of my life. I can't imagine my days without you by my side, sharing both the joys and challenges life throws our way. You've brought a kind of happiness into my life that I never knew existed."

As he continued, Seb's eyes sparkled with affection. "I want it all with you, Jade. The laughter, the adventures, the quiet moments – everything. I want to wake up next to you every morning and fall asleep beside you every night. You've become my home, and I want to build a future with you."

Seb's romantic confession filled the air, and as he poured his heart out, he found himself kneeling down in the sand. The realization began to dawn on Jade, her eyes widening with a mix of surprise and joy.

"Jade," Seb said, reaching into his pocket and retrieving the ring, "will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

Jade's eyes welled up with tears of joy as a bright smile adorned her face. Without hesitation, she exclaimed, "Yes, Seb! A thousand times yes!"

Seb, overwhelmed with emotion, couldn't believe his ears. Wanting to be absolutely sure, he asked with a mixture of relief and excitement, "Is that a yes, Jade?"

Jade chuckled, her joy radiating. "Of course, it's a yes, Seb."

Seb, filled with overwhelming happiness, leaned in for a passionately romantic kiss, sealing their commitment in the sweet embrace of love. As the kiss deepened, Seb gently took Jade's hand and slid the ring onto her finger, symbolizing the beginning of a new chapter in their lives. 

Embracing the moment, Seb lifted Jade off her feet, and in the warmth of the beach breeze, he kissed her again, celebrating the love that had just taken a beautiful step forward.

After the passionate exchange of kisses, Seb and Jade eventually pulled away, both breathless and gazing into each other's eyes. The moonlit beach provided the perfect backdrop for this momentous occasion. They found a spot on the sand, Seb wrapping his suit jacket around Jade to shield her from the cool night air.

As they sat, hand in hand, Jade couldn't help but stare at the ring on her finger. "It's perfect," she whispered, marveling at the symbol of their commitment.

Seb smiled, his eyes reflecting the love he felt for her. "You're perfect, Jade. I'm so glad I get to spend the rest of my life with you."

Jade leaned against Seb, the jacket providing warmth and comfort. "I love you so much, Seb. I can't imagine my life without you. You're the one good thing I've got, and I'm glad we're in this for the long haul."

Seb tightened his embrace, placing a gentle kiss on Jade's forehead. "I love you too, Jade. More than words can express. You've brought so much joy into my life, and I can't wait for our future together."

Their eyes locked in a shared understanding, Jade and Seb leaned in once more for a passionate kiss, sealing their commitment under the starlit sky, as they embraced the beginning of a lifetime filled with love and shared dreams.

On 29/01/2024 at 23:31, beachside said:

awww so cute

wonder how rhys would off reacted and don for that matter to the news

So glad you enjoyed, thanks for reading

On 30/01/2024 at 04:00, Red Ranger 1 said:

Interesting idea, nice to see a fiction with older characters.

Thanks for reading i have plenty of fics with older characters to come