Characters that were most ruined in their exit storyline .

j.laur5

Characters that were most ruined in their exit storyline .   

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In the last few years quite a few characters have been ruined in their exit storyline . 

1 Brody-Cheated on Ziggy. Brody was quite a level headed character other than when he got involved  in drugs and decided to hook up with Simone a fan girl.  It just seemed way out of character to throw away his marriage just after disagreeing on a couple of things. 

2 Colby -One of my all time favourites. I get he was always meant to be a complex character having two sides to his character being bad a boy ,as he was once a River Boy and having a good side to him in being a town police hero. I think Tim Franklin was suited to playing a good cop. He brought chemistry to playing good cop and he just had that heroic face about him.  It was a shame they had to give him such a harsh exit even if he did take the law into his own hands. I hated how they made his exit so predictable within his first year on the show. I think if they changed his backstory and not had him killed Ross.  

I think Colby would be quite a likeable character. I noticed he never had a proper long term love interest as Jasmine and Taylor were just flings. Chelsea and Mackenzie neither lasted long and Colby did not seemed to interact much with other characters.  

3 Jasmine-I used to quite her character but I went rather off her after she decided to make her in laws of five minutes more important than her newly found brother Xander who move to town so he could get to know his sister. She ditched Cash like that was so unnecessary and cruel and not caring about leaving Irene without goodbye and some who was like mother to her and yes she might said goodbye offscreen but still doesn’t changed how selfish she turned out to be !. 

4 Willow-I hated how Willow turned on  Colby but however I have to admit you could see and understand why Willow did it otherwise rest of them would been bought down by Rosetta and Dean would been even more targeted and dogs meat then Colby  if he went back to prison but I still feel it ruined Willow’s character all same as there were times when Willow look out for Colby more then Dean but I blame writers for running there characters and there family bond. 

5 Chloe and Mia-I was never too keen on there characters but they left looking in very bad light as Chloe killed her own  father and sure it was accident but she over reacted and hated how both Mia and Chloe let Ari take rap and ended his eventual death after being beaten up in prison and letting whole town thinking’s Ari was killer. 

You thoughts on this?. 

21 hours ago, christine king said:

Brody. Colby. Willow and Jasmine were all ruined with their exits.

I did not care for Mia/Chloe.

How did Jesse not make this list?

Sorry otherwise list would too long !. 

As pretty much just saying how bad exits  have been in recent years and how badly written characters have be in their exits . 

But if writers ever chose to bring back Colby it would be very easy to redeem him as all they have to do is make Colby save town or someone. 

Edited by j.laur5

For myself it will always be Jasmine. How exactly any of the writers chose to write her out the way they did after six years of her being on the show I will never know. At least everyone else was given a proper send off that was a tribute to the importance of their character, but she just disappeared. How am I suppose to see it as anything else other than insulting?

33 minutes ago, D.B said:

For myself it will always be Jasmine. How exactly any of the writers chose to write her out the way they did after six years of her being on the show I will never know. At least everyone else was given a proper send off that was a tribute to the importance of their character, but she just disappeared. How am I suppose to see it as anything else other than insulting?

How was importance to their characters as rest all left under cloud and ruined by doing things out of character as they could be given much better character arcs  and ruined characters relationships. 

If it's 2020s characters Chloe.

The fact she didn't *own* what she did that gets most of our goats. There would have been mitigating circumstances, a good silk would have had her walk or got the minimum and the jury would have at least been mildly sympathetic.

Bringing back Colby wouldn't really serve any purpose unless he rejoined the RBs (who would probably see him as a Judas for joining "the other side"). Also with him killing Joe (Prison survival), I doubt he'll be eating Pizza at Salt anytime soon!

3 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

If it's 2020s characters Chloe.

The fact she didn't *own* what she did that gets most of our goats. There would have been mitigating circumstances, a good silk would have had her walk or got the minimum and the jury would have at least been mildly sympathetic.

Bringing back Colby wouldn't really serve any purpose unless he rejoined the RBs (who would probably see him as a Judas for joining "the other side"). Also with him killing Joe (Prison survival), I doubt he'll be eating Pizza at Salt anytime soon!

Can’t see Colby becoming a River Boy again or becoming too much of a bad guy as he only killed Joe to protect himself and Joe was probably in there for murder.

I  was surprised that Colby recovered so quickly to take someone on after just getting out off hospital and being able take down someone who beat him up to point where he needed be hospitalised and you think Joe would be put  into  solitary confinement to prevent anything happening.

Colby was always a strong willed character and so I don’t think he would do anything else bad in prison unless he needed to protect himself or a friend he had made in  there . 

I doubt very much Colby would be in jail for 25 years as  It’s a very expensive business for someone to be kept in prison for that long. 

But I don’t think Colby would return to the Bay now if he was released as Bella is not there anymore and he never really shared much screen time with other characters out of his inner circle. I am  sure Bella would at least phone Colby to tell him she was moving to New York. 

But just saying if they ever did choose to bring back Colby, and provided Tim was willing to return, the writers would find are a way  to release him  by something like saving a prison guard in prison riot or something and make Colby save someone else in his return and then he be all welcome back with open arms. 

Edited by j.laur5

That may have worked for Kyle,  who only really inside for "noble"/stupid reasons in the last part of the Gunno trilogy specials  but Colby killed 2 guys even if they did have it coming.

Revenge can powerful, I've heard people get a kicking and come back for their attacker the very next day but I can also logic breaks in that story.

On 15/10/2023 at 07:18, j.laur5 said:

5 Chloe and Mia-I was never too keen on there characters but they left looking in very bad light as Chloe killed her own  father and sure it was accident but she over reacted and hated how both Mia and Chloe let Ari take rap and ended his eventual death after being beaten up in prison and letting whole town thinking’s Ari was killer. 

Ari was not beaten up in prison, he died from cancer. Ari's exit was one of the most stupid, unrealistic storylines since I've watched the show. 

• Like 1