If Colby Thorne had different character arc

j.laur5

Title: If Colby Thorne had different character arc

Type of Fic: S/M Fic

Rating: T/A

Genre: Romance/Drama/Mystery/Alternate universe 

Rating: Violence (V/D)

Main Characters: Colby/Dean/Bella/Willow/Mackenzie/Ziggy/Jai /Amber/Taylor/Angelo and others .

Spoilers: No

Summary: This story going be about if Colby was given different character  arc  and also different characters have different fate.  

Chapter 1

Alternate  Backstory.

Mangrove River 2012 .

Dean-Colby let me drive please you too in uptight mood  about getting Bella to be in any state to drive.  

Jai-Thompson  is right there  Throne is  best not to drive  !.

Colby-Alright fine then but lets just get going !. 

Dean- We get there and Dean driving so  fast he lost control and smash off cliff. 

Hospital

In this universe Amber was pregnant with Colby baby and Colby is Jai junior  father  in this universe. 

Amber was crying to her mum my brother Jai is  dead and Colby my father of my baby who i had one night stand with got to go to rehab to walk again. 

Francesca-At least Dean Thompson be arrested and Amber lets not bother  Colby that here's going be dad  as just don't think he be up to it with having to learn walk again and we don't even know  how long he be in that rehab clinic for  or  where heres gone.

Amber-Agreed. 

Chapter 2

For first time in six years Colby and Dean meet up after Colby arrests Dean and drags him into room at Yabbie Creek police station  office.

Dean-Colby you walking again and gosh you cop now too.

Colby-When were you release form prison?.

Dean-Few months ago and know its not much but really sorry for crash i cause and guest it might better if you drove that night after all!.

Colby-Yeah well it was Jai that got killed not me and its Amber and her mum you should be sorry for! .

Dean-They both left town by time  i was release  and anyway tell me why are  you cop.

Colby-To find Bella of course as after having to learn to walk again i realise there better ways of doing things  and  had to get my act together and anyway enough with catch up back to you arrest .  

Chapter 3 

Later 2018

After Colby and Chelsea wedding.

Colby and Dean are walking out of surf club and Colby phone rings and its Ross.

Colby-Gets off phone and tells Dean that Ross has got Bella/Chelsea/Willow .

Dean-what do we do get cops.

Colby-Not yet best if i just try handle it myself first i call if we need cops for back up and he told  me where meet up.

Dean-I am coming too Colby.

Colby-Don't have time to ague but just promise me you wont do anything stupid said Colby . 

Diner Flat 

I think we should take separate cars said Dean.

Fine i text address said Colby

I  meet you there but just try not to play hero with Ross said Dean. 

Dean then waiting until Colby was gone and went into Colby room and Dean  found where Colby  hide his  keys for box he locks his gun in and puts gun in his pocket and runs out of flat. 

Bush land

Colby managed to find  girls who had managed to run form Ross    and Ross kept shooting  gunshots.

He run out of gun shots soon said Colby and Dean appears.

Are you okay and what took you so long? said Colby.

Just had to fellow my footsteps  carefully said Dean

Girls here's my phone run to my car its just up there and call police right away said Colby.

Ross yells  must not be lot  bullets left so i make this count  Colby jump in front of girls and Dean and Colby was shoot and lays still. 

Just GO to girls said Dean  and girls run. 

Dean managed to push Ross to ground and gets  his gloves out and  gets gun out and Dean thinks for seconded and Ross says i  think you mate Colby is dead and Dean just shoots him dead. 

Dean then pulls  Ross corpse into far until bush and hears Police and Ambulance have arrive  

Chapter Four 

Hospital 

Colby in coma and girls are by his side and Dean arrives. 

Where have you been said Willow ?.

Sorry I had to run for it after Colby was shot because Ross  still had other bullet in his gun and just kept running until i  found road that lead to my car  and when heard Police and Ambulance coming i knew you guys must be okay said Dean.

They haven't found Ross yet and you last person to see him alive you better give statement said Bella.

Of course i can just give to you here Chelsea or should go to  cop shop said Dean.

Cop shop  said Chelsea. 

I go there now and leaves said Dean.

Right Dean acting weird he basically didit seem care that his best mate in  coma said Willow.

Bush 

Dean digs up grave and puts Ross in there.

Flat 

Dean try's putting gun back until there voice what in hell are you doing said Chelsea.

Okay please Chelsea i know its bad but i did for greater good i killed Ross said Dean.

You used Colby gun you could be  getting you best friend in serious   trouble said Chelsea.

Please Chelsea if i didit Colby was going to be push to be to far this time by Ross  and even if i  have to go back to jail to save Colby  life becoming  even more mess up then its worth it as it’s because me and my reckless driving its what made Colby not find Bella earlier said Dean.

I cant handle this as in very twisted way  i understand why you did it but you broke law and at same time how i am going keep Colby out of this as its his gun said Chelsea.

Phone rings and Chelsea answers and thanks Willow and gets off phone Colby is awake. 

Hospital.

You leaving me said Colby in his hospital bed.

Sorry i just cant be married to cop and be one said Chelsea.

But you haven't even given us chance yet said Colby .

Its just going end in tears and going back to city tonight and i am taken time off until i can get transfer in Sydney somewhere and i will always love you Colby  but i need you to let me go said Chelsea.

Okay bye if this is what you need to then i guest its best to say bye now and i will always love you  Chelsea said Colby and Chelsea gives Colby kiss on lips and says you got Bella that's main thing. 

Chelsea walks room and tells Bella and Willow and they both go in to see Colby and Dean appears and Chelsea says don't say word and you just made me do hardest thing in my life I am leaving tonight said Chelsea and Chelsea leaves.

Chapter 5

In this Alternate universe in 2019 Dean dating Jasmine and Colby and Ziggy have been bonding over there broken marriages. 

Colby, Dean, Ziggy and Jasmine are at Surf carnival on New South Wales mid north coast  

Spa 

Ziggy chilling in it and Colby comes along. 

I needed break form  Dean and Jasmine consent fighting  said Colby. 

They are  worst then  old married couple  said Ziggy .

Instead of worrying about them lets talk about us said Colby.

I have to admit i have felt bit of wuss not just seeing if we could just do  bit fooling around said Ziggy.

I can just do little fooling around said Colby .

Ziggy moves over to Colby and Colby says i warn you  i might not be  able to  stop kissing you once i start and then suddenly they were kissing. 

Chapter 6 

Jasmine and Dean have since broken  up and Jasmine went on to get with Robbo and Colby and Ziggy are now in solid relationship and Amber arrive and Jai and in this Alternate universe.

Colby and Dean and   Ryder come out of beach after surf and Amber appears and punches Dean that's for my brother and Colby how can you forgive him after what he did.

Why are you here Amber said Colby. 

I am here on work and now  I have see you there’s something I should told you years ago and that you got son called Jai and I am his mother said Amber. 

Colby looks stock and says we better talk. 

Back in diner flat .

Amber tells Colby about Jai and that why she never told him and Colby said I wish I knew earlier and I know was river boy  then but still would be  there for my child. 

Colby tells Amber about becoming cop and finding Bella. 

What about Ross said Amber . 

He went on run after he shoot me said Colby.

So what should tell Jai now I have found his father said Amber. 

I want to met him of course and just hope he doesn’t hate me for missing out being in his life said Colby. 

I always told Jai his father had no idea about you said Amber. 

Later that night at diner. 

Amber arrives and says this is you father Colby and you aunt Bella said Amber .

I come he little buddy hugs him  and I am so very sorry you only meeting me til now and you would know me you whole life if I had know about  you said Colby . 

Later that evening. 

Bella gives Jai hug goodbye. 

I am not angry about not knowing Jai til now understand with circumstances why you felt it wasn’t best for me to know then said Colby. 

That’s okay I have finishing working with John Palmer now so happy for you come visit Jai whenever you like said Amber. 

Chapter 7 

In 2020 

Colby still in solid relationship with Ziggy and Angleo arrived back in town to investigate Ross murder and Dean and Taylor are having affair.
Dinner Flat 

Colby there’s something  I    need to tell you Dean and Taylor having affair and his photos I took of them last night and shows Colby the pictures of Dean and Taylor kissing. 

Oh that’s just great Dean losing it even more   first it was article to try discredit Rosetta  and only made him breath more fire at Dean and now making matters even worse said Colby. 

Dean comes home and Colby yells are you INSANE you fooling around with wife of man who’s thinks one of us is murder!. 

Listen Colby I know what I am doing said Dean. 

We heard that one before said Colby.

Dean looks at Bella and says so it was you who told Colby was it  and I spent 6 years in prison after I was helping you brother find you and this thanks I get said Dean. 

Back off from her and if  I see you or hear you talk to Bella like that again there be trouble and giving Dean bit of push  said Colby.

Willow walks in and asks what’s going on. 

Dean been sleeping with Rosetta  wife said Colby . 

You got to be kidding me what are you trying to  do put us away for crime none of us ever committed said Willow: 

I am not wasting my breath with you any longer on this Dean but listen to this if you care about your family as in us I be ending this  before it ends bad as while none of us are guilty but doesn’t mean Rosetta  won’t get nasty towards you or any us you have see way here’s already question us already  said Colby. 

Gym 

What hell are you doing messing around with Rosetta wife said Willow. 

Dean says fine  I tell you I killed Ross and explains how he stolen Colby gun and buried body . 

Ziggy overhears and says I don’t believe this  and before you say Ross was evil murder is murder said Ziggy. 

You can’t tell anyone and  expressing Colby as you be putting him in  impossible place said Dean. 

Now you  asking me to keep something this big from my boyfriend said Ziggy and Ziggy runs out. 

Alright Dean you need end this game with Taylor as bringing tension to yourself said Willow.

Just mind own business for once Willow and Rosetta got nothing on me said Dean and walks out of gym. 

Willow looks concerned. 

Next morning in diner Colby and Ziggy are having breakfast  together . 

I can’t believe Dean is doing this messing around with women who is married to Rosetta are man who’s watching you guys like hawks said Ziggy.

Look it will past as none  of us killed Ross and I got to go Zig I need to drive Bella and Nikau to airport they going to New Zealand for couple weeks and said Colby as gets up to kiss Ziggy goodbye . 

Ziggy walks out and sees Dean and tells him you don’t deserve Colby as you friend said Ziggy. 

What are you taking to get you back up so much  Ziggy said Dean. 

You know why said Ziggy. 

Come on Dean leave it as said Willow as Willow  appears and pushes Dean inside   . 

Police Station 

I know you been sleeping  with Thompson said Angelo. 

Look I can explain said Taylor .  

Explain nothing come with me there’s something  I what you too see said Angelo. 

Diner 

Dean Thompson I am placing you under arrest for murder of Ross Nixon said Angelo .

Dean laughs as he handcuffed away and this only  because I be giving you poor neglected wife some much needed fun said Dean .

Police station 

Ziggy, Mackenzie, Taylor and Willow all waiting. 

Enough of Dean   fan cup said Angelo.

Can I see him said Willow.

No said Angelo .

Well can I see him said Taylor. 

Go right ahead said Angelo. 

Dean maybe you just getting what you deserve said Taylor.

I just want  to see Colby now said Dean.  

Alright I got to go just wanted to see you and Colby be here soon  said Taylor. 

I can see him if I want to  his my brother said Mackenzie 

Alright fine you only getting few minutes but you lucky you going getting any visits at all said Angleo . 

Police cell 

Dean what’s going on said Mackenzie .

Nothing here’s just getting at me for sleeping with his wife and anyway when is Colby getting here said Dean .

He be here once he gets back from airport said Mackenzie. 

Right time is up said Angelo 

We will get though this together said Mackenzie

Look Thompson why don’t you just confessed it save lot of time said Angelo. 

Confessed to what you only doing this because you angry I be sleeping with you wife said Dean. 

I know you did it and  I be strongly advised them not to give you bail as you flight risk Thompson and I advise them  to keep you in remand to you court hearing  said Angleo . 

You can’t send ex  river boy to remand  it’s death sentence said Dean . 

Well you should  thought of  that before and I am going home sleep tight said Angelo. 

Colby arrives at station and tells all girls it’s best to get going now and says he update them. 

Throne I trust you know I have arrested you best friend  and you must not  feel good about what you best friend did to you step dad and making you and everyone being questioned and he hopefully he be getting sent to  remand  without bail said Angelo 

You can’t send him to remand it’s death sentence for someone in his background said Colby.

Not my problem goodnight  said Angelo. 

You nothing but piece of work Rosetta  said Colby. 

Prison Cell 

Colby thank god you here said Dean .

Look Dean it’s going be alright here’s only doing this to get back at you for sleeping with his wife  and soon he won’t have any evidence to keep you  and he will get even worst  repatriation said Colby .

But here’s going send  me to remand without bail said Dean.

If i can spilt up between me and Mackenzie it should be  enough said Colby .

But what after bail said Dean.

Alright Dean there’s something else isn’t there what it is said Colby.

Alright I killed Ross said  Dean.

Aw DEAN said Colby. 

Dean explains everything about how he covered up and got Colby gun . 

This is my fault I should never gotten you come with me to save them said Colby .

It’s not you fault it was me who did because I worried you might been push over edge this time said Dean. 

Dean I am not sad Ross is dead but I wouldn’t have ever  killed him said Colby. 

What should I  do now said Dean. 

Let’s just  get bail sorted said Colby.

Dinner Flat 
Colby tells Ziggy and Willow everything about Dean being one who killed Ross. 

We already know what Dean did  said Willow and Ziggy at once . 

Why did it you tell me as soon as you found out said Colby . 

We only found out night before and all what was stopping me from telling you was knowing it was going to put you in difficult situation said Ziggy. 

I can’t believe my brother killed someone said Mackenzie. 

I know it’s extremely hard  to take  in but Dean needs bail money or otherwise he be sent to remand said Colby . 

Fine I do this for Dean but I don’t know him said Mackenzie. 

Chapter 8 
Dean has been released on bail and they since found there’s witness x . 

Diner Flat 

There’s something else  I need  tell you Colby and that’s there’ someone else who knows and that’s Chelsea and that’s why she left she caught me putting gun when we’re in hospital said Dean. 

Oh man Dean you really are just full surprises said Willow . 

I need to take walk I can’t look at you right now said Colby. 

Dean you want to be careful because you will  lose  only few people you have  left said Willow. 

Dean looks over diner flat and see Colby and Ziggy talking outside and Dean runs outside to confront Ziggy. 

Was it you whose witness to Rosetta said Dean. 

No said Ziggy .

Keep away for her DEAN and if you do that again to her said Colby. 

What you will arrest me said Dean.  

No I will bury you said Colby.

Come on Ziggy let’s go said Colby .

Diner Flat 
You need get together Dean or soon you not going have anyone in you corner Said Willow .

Just shut up Willow you not much better yourself at times said Dean. 

That’s it Dean we had it said Willow as Willow leaves flat looking thoughtful and worried. 

Salt 
Colby and Ziggy and Mackenzie walk in discussing Dean outburst. 

I have know him since I was  8 and never see him lose it like this  before said Colby.

He is just out of control said Ziggy . 

Anyway for next few hours I don’t want  to know my once Brother Dean Thompson exists but still can’t help but feel sorry for him said Mackenzie. 

I don’t know what else I can do to control him otherwise I might just have arrest him my self to stop him doing anything stupid as he just overly obsessed with finding witness X and who knows what he do when  he finds out who it is  and  I am just glad Bella away from all of this said Colby. 

Angelo overhead conversation and calls to make demand that witness X stays hidden of list. 

Chapter 8
Night before court case and in  Dean finds out Witness X is hidden. 

Dinner Flat. 

Great first I can’t find out who is witness X and now  I find out I am going to same jail i was once in if I am sentence  said Dean. 

Look Dean  we don’t know what evidence witness x has  I am not giving up on you but regardless on but whatever happens you will still have me  as you friend and if have to  I apply  to be prison guard to keep you safe  I will said Colby .

Later that night . 

Willow and Dean are talking outside 

Everything I have done in last few months has made matters worse and since I took Colby gun  and killing Ross and covering my  tracks is coming back to bite me said Dean. 

So way now Dean said Willow . 

Because I love Taylor said Dean.

That sounds like old Dean said Willow . 

Colby appears says I am going to  bed  and Dean come here and gives Dean  hug remember regardless of what happens  tomorrow you still have me  as you friend said Colby . 

Night guys Said Willow. 

In car park 

Angleo appears and sees Willow appear. 

Here you got what you wanted said Willow. 

You done right thing said Angelo . 

I did  not this do for you said Willow. 

Chapter 9
Court case witness x is revealed to be Willow 

Willow you rat after all our years of friendship said Dean . 

Willow how could you said Colby. 

Colby please don’t said Ziggy . 

You  two faced shark said Mackenzie. 

And they are called to break . 

My brother could be going to jail thanks to that person we called  friend said Mackenzie. 

I just want to know what made Willow do it to Dean her longest friend said Colby. 

It’s messed up what Willow did but took guts said Ziggy .

Angelo appears and says Colby I own you huge apology for ever thinking you would crossed line.

I don’t care what you got to say Rosetta said Colby . 

Look guys be angry at Dean not Willow said Angelo . 

Just give one reason to bring you  down Rosetta said Colby. 

Colby and Dean are talking .

I guest I should know  Willow was acting weird as seem to not be her normal loyal self lately said Dean. 

If I had any idea Willow was going do this I would try my best to talk her out of this and remind her danger you be getting in said Colby.

I am going change my  plea there’s no point in prolonging said Dean. 

Colby gives Dean hug and says Dean mate like I said before you still got me as you frined I be doing my best to make sure you stay safe in there said Colby. 

Thanks Colby  I might as well get over with and I know now it’s my own stupidity that got me  said Dean. 

Judge says  Dean Thompson I am sentencing you to 25 years imprisonment and with no  proloe period of 20 years. 

Mackenzie cry’s and Colby and Ziggy hug her. 

Angelo smiles as Dean taking away and Colby gives evil eyes to both Angelo and Willow . 

Outside Diner flat . 

I appreciate what you done I know it wasn’t easy said Angelo. 

What would you know and you got what you wanted back off  and we done said Willow. 

Diner flat .

I can tell you now all what was  stopping me giving few rounds to Rosetta to wipe that smirk look  of his face was knowing how much he love to get me lock up as well said Colby .

But please Colby you not going too think of Bella and Jai said Ziggy .

No of course not I have managed this long enough to   not give  him what his wants said Colby . 

Willow comes in and says I am so very sorry 
please let me explain said Willow .

I don’t what to hear it because of you I don’t have brother anymore and I had just found him and now I have lost him  said Mackenzie and Mackenzie runs out . 

Look Colby you said so yourself that for weeks that   Dean was  spiral  out of control  and not even you had control of him anymore and  he was going bring us all down and Rosetta was not going to give up said Willow. 

Look you don’t have any idea what you have done you have sent to Dean back to very prison where it’s death sentence for him and you sent you best friend to his death bed said Colby. 

I know there’s no going back form this but at least Bella not going to lose her big brother and Jai won’t lose his father and  you already lost so much and you are so loyal you would always stand by Dean said Willow. 

Keep my son and sister out of this and just so you know Dean is even more loyal then both of us  as only reason he  killed Ross was because he had some crazy idea I was going to do it now just get  out Said Colby.

Willow leaves. 

Colby listen at end of day it was Dean who stole you gun and chose to shoot Ross and you were shot and unconscious at time so there was no way of you being  in position of you looking like you were going to shoot Ross and you certainly weren’t in position where couldn’t stop Dean and I am sorry  for Dean but was his choice to shoot Ross said Ziggy. 

Chapter 10 
Early 2021. 

Dean ended up in hospital after fight in prison  and returns to prison and 
Bella returns home and gives Colby hug .

I hated what Willow done and Dean being in jail and before you asked I don’t hate Dean for killing Ross after everything he did and most importantly I did not lose  my big brother Said Bella . 

We have to be in pretty crazy universe before you lose  me kiddo and gives Bella kiss on check and Colby here’s letter for you it was posted by prison I think it’s  from Dean . 

G’day Colby. 

If you reading this now I am back in jail and I supposed if you have read paper  you know I am now on second murder charge and I know you told me not to do  anything stupid and   I appreciate you still trying protect me but you done enough for me and more then I deserve and there’s  no easy way of saying this but can’t have you  or Mackenzie or anyone else visiting me in prison anymore or you applying to be prison guard here or you coming here and  acting as under cover prisoner as  I need to do this on my own and after all I accept it was my choice to shoot  Ross and I am very sorry for all stupid things I have done and you will  always be my best friend but I need you to let me go and not feel guilty as  I am here because of  my own choices and I what you to know I will always love you as my brother. 

Always Dean. 

Dinner flat 

Bella and Colby walk in and  Willow knocks on door . 

Willow what are you doing here said Colby .

Please I am only back in town for few days please just me let explain once and for all said Willow. 

Fine let’s here it then said Colby. 

Okay Rosetta wasn’t going to give up and yes I know you did not  find out Dean killed Ross until after his arrest but longer we hid secret worst it was going to be for us and I didit what to see you lose everything Colby after everything you lost in you life and you so loyal  or see Bella and Ziggy and Jai lose you and so just losing Dean was lesser evil as more people would be hurt by losing you too said Willow. 

Okay then fine I see you point even though hate seeing Dean lock up for only knows  how long now as he sent me and Mackenzie letters to say he doesn’t want anyone visiting him anymore said Colby. 

I know about letters I sure Mackenzie earlier she didit want hear me first but she gave me chance and I think she come to some even level with me and you Bella said Willow. 

I hate Dean going to jail but I have to say thank you for saving me from  losing my brother Said Bella .

Anyway Willow I have to admit  if  we were in other  crazy universe and I was only going  out of control like Dean was  I hope you put everybody else  before me said Colby. 

Final Chapter 
May 2021. 

Colby and Ziggy are leaving bay to live close to Jai in Queensland. 

Bella/Jasmine/Ryder/Nikau/Irene/Alf/Roo/Leah/John /Marilyn are all at Colby and Zigg farewell party. 

It’s not going same without you protecting us Colby said Marilyn .

The Bay won’t be same without you both said Alf. 

I promise I will take care of  Bella to Colby said Nikau.

I know you will  and like to make you and Ryder surf board mangers as that’s Dean would wanted said Colby .

Now Colby faces Bella and to most important goodbye  take of yourself kiddo and if there ever problem I be back in flash and they hug and Colby kisses her on chick   love you said Colby.

Love you too said Bella . 

I you ready baby   said Colby .

You bet I am said Ziggy. 

Both Colby and Ziggy kiss and get in car and give final wave and drive out of Summer Bay. 

The end.

Comments

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER

• John changed the title to If Colby Thorne had different character arc