Finding Something True

Zig

Story Title: Finding Something True 
Type of story: Long Fic 
Main Characters: Leah Patterson, Miles Copeland, Mackenzie Booth,  Bella Nixon, Dean Thompson, Bree Cameron, Ziggy Astoni, Justin Morgan, Alf Stewart, Vj Patterson, Coco Astoni, Emmett Eillson, Jasmine Delaney, Cash Newman, Felicity Newman, Tane Parata, Colby Thorne
BTTB rating: T
Genre: Romance, Drama
Does story include spoilers:  No
Any warnings: Sexual content
Summary: Set in 2020 but with some changes. Follow the life and drama of our Summer Bay residents, from romance, to jealously, heartbreak and everything in between. 

Chapter 1

"Vj hurry up, we are going to be late." Vj sighed as he walked from his bedroom and downstairs to the kitchen where his mum greeted him.
"I'm right here, I know you want to get to work on time." Vj knew his mum Leah liked her routine, usually, his mum would be leaving with her husband Miles but Miles had informed Leah and Vj he had a tutoring session with Bella today.

"Actually, I need you to be my bodyguard." Vj was confused about his mother's statement and quickly raised an eyebrow.

Leah knew by making that statement she would now need to tell her son what had been going on, she just hoped Vj would be smart enough to keep this from Miles because the last thing she wanted was for her husband to worry or fight with Justin Morgan.

"It's Justin, he won't leave me alone." Leah's voice sounded crackly, the truth was Leah was worried Justin would kiss her or touch her and she didn't want anyone besides her husband touching her in that way.

"Have you told Miles about this?" Vj knew Miles would not be impressed and he wouldn't blame him, after all, everyone knows Leah with Miles, that they are married, and that she is off limits to anyone else.

Leah shook her head, she knew her son probably was thinking the same thing that she was on this matter, after all, Vj had grown up with Miles so he did know him pretty well.

"I haven't and you can't" Vj nods, he hates the thought of lying to Miles but he knew that with this matter that it was the right thing to do.

The mother and son after that simply leave the house, walking in silence to the diner.

In the Summer Bay Diner two siblings had just walked in, both looking completely lost it was clear they weren't local. one was wearing a police uniform and the other was wearing a pink dress.

"Can I help you?" Alf had stopped drinking his coffee when he heard Justin's voice, he knew Leah wouldn't like him in here but he couldn't say that now could he?

"I'm Cash and this is my sister, Felicity, we are new in town and just a bit lost, we are trying to find somewhere to stay." Alf nods and before Justin can get a word in he decides to.

"I co-own the caravan park, you could rent a van each." Alf had great respect for cops, after all, look at Colby he was one of the best that the bay had, so he was more than happy to help them out.

"That would be great, you also wouldn't know any jobs going around do you?" This time Felciity spoke and was looking directly at Alf.

"I do actually, my grandson Ryder, works at Salt and said Mackenzie the owner is looking for a new waitress." Felicity smiles at the older man.

"Where can I find that?" Felicity was eager to get a job, to say the least.

"It's just in the surf club near the other end of town, you can't miss it." Felicity smiles as she rushed out of the diner leaving Cash there with Alf and Justin.

"Would I be able to rent two vans mate, I will come and get the keys this afternoon." Alf nods at Cash before writing down the caravan park address for him and moments after that Cash exits.

Once Cash exits Alf looks at Justin

"You need to leave." Alf is speaking sternly and Justin isn't looking impressed.

"You can't tell me what to do." It was clear to Alf who Justin wants to see and Alf also knows Leah doesn't want to see him.

"Leave now." This time it wasn't Alf that spoke instead Leah herself.

"I just want to talk." Leah shook her head.

"Well, I don't just get out." Justin stands firm but Vj is quick to push him out of the diner. Usually, Leah would tell her son off for doing such a thing but today she was relieved that he did it.

Meanwhile, Mackenzie Booth had just finished her morning surf when she had a feeling, a feeling that something wasn't right, and as she walked up the beach, she discovered why she felt that way.

A three-year-old was sitting near a bush in some old worn clothes, her hair wasn't done, and she looked like no one loved or owned her.

Mackenzie immediately walked over and knelt down to the girl's level.

"Can you tell me your name?" The girl had remained silent.

"I'm Mackenzie now what's your name?" She hoped the girl would tell her this time.

"Sylvie" It was barely a whisper but it was enough, it was clear to Mackenzie the girl was scared and needed to be fed. So she immediately headed in the direction of the surf club.

Mackenzie ran up the stairs into Salt to see Ryder there with someone she didn't recognize. She held onto the kid and looked at Ryder.

"Call Colby." Ryder just nods, he doesn't have a good feeling about this kid.

"I'll do that, give me his number and you could make her some food." Mackenzie just nodded, after all, she knew the girl needed food and wouldn't trust someone she didn't know in her kitchen.

The woman made the call before coming over to Mackenzie.

"Colby said he's on his way with his new partner." Mackenzie simply nodded.

"Thank you." Mackenzie didn't know who this woman was but she was grateful for her help.

"It's Mackenzie, right? I'm Felicity, I'm new in town and Alf Stewart told me your new for staff, I worked in night clubs if that helps." Mackenzie nods

"Alright let's do a trial period but first I need to deal with this." Felicity nods, she knew something was wrong with the girl so that was more important them a job right now.

Meanwhile across town at Summer Bay's new university Bella was packing up her things after finishing her tutoring session with Miles

"Mr. Copeland, may I ask your advice?" After having Miles as a teacher in high school it had felt weird to call him Mr Copeland not to mention she had lots of respect for him.

"Of course Bella, and it's Miles please." Miles knew it was a lot for Bella, Coco, and Ryder to get used to, calling him Miles, he just hoped they would someday.

"I like someone but I'm not sure my brother would approve." Bella had a crush on Emmett her photography mentor and she thinks he likes her too but she doesn't know for sure.

"Bella you got to follow your heart, I did when Leah and I started dating someone disapproved of us but look at us now, we are married with everything we want." Miles smiles at the thought, Leah was the love of his life. He knew that more than anything in this world.

"Thanks Mr Copeland." Bella smiles, she knows what she needs to do now.

"Anytime." After that Bella leaves the room on a mission, she knows what she needs to do now.