Australia's 'sexiset woman' named

Guest kells

BECOMING recently engaged to tennis ace Lleyton Hewitt hasn't harmed Home and Away's Bec Cartwright's sex symbol status.

The soap starlet was today crowned the sexiest woman in Australia and New Zealand, according to the latest annual FHM 100 Sexiest Women survey.

"I was surprised to learn of my FHM readers title Sexiest Woman of 2005 especially given the amazing women that have appeared in the magazine in the last year," the 21-year-old, who last year polled in 54th place, said.

And it seems Denmark's Princess Mary has also jumped massively in the sexy stakes since getting hitched to Prince Frederik, polling in 10th place.

That is a big jump from last year's 87th ranking.

"I'm certain the list is set to cause even more controversy than in years past," FHM editor John Bastick said.

"It's been a whopping year for this year's winner Bec Cartwright.

"A Dancing With The Stars gong, FHM's Sexiest woman tag, and engagement to Lleyton."

Miss Universe Jennifer Hawkins took out the second place while Hollywood actor Angelina Jolie was third and Desperate Housewives Eva Longoria was fourth.

Neighbours star Natalie Blair was voted the fifth most sexy woman while pop star Hilary Duff was six, Nikki Webster seventh.

Last year's most sexy Australian Delta Goodrem dropped in the sexy stakes, polling in eighth spot and model Imogen Bailey was ninth.

The poll is in its eighth year in Australia.

Each year FHM's 22 worldwide publications ask their readers to vote via the internet or SMS for the women they consider sexiest with more than 300,000 votes cast in Australia and New Zealand alone.

This year's list contains 32 new entries, including tennis player Alicia Molik and 21-year-old Queensland swimmer Jodie Henry.

Twenty recording artists were on the list, including Destiny's Child's Beyonce Knowles and last year's Australian Idol winner Casey Donovan.

Radio personalities on the list include Triple M's Fi Fi Box, 2DayFM's Jackie O and Nova's Bianca Dye.

Also today, FHM joined forces with Central Station records to release a cover of Rod Stewart's Do Ya Think I'm Sexy to raise money for the AIDS Trust of Australia.

The single features the voices of a host of FHM covergirls, including international supermodel Naomi Campbell, with 45 cents from every sale of the single to go to the charity.

Archived