Are there some Characters you liked better at beginning or came to like better later?.

j.laur5

Are there ever some characters you like better on how they were when first came  on show or like better later on. 

Pippa-I must say I preferred Pippa in her later years around 1996-1998 as was such natural thing to see her started staggering with life in Summer Bay and yet she still did her best ton give her family best home life. 

Rhys and Shelley-I used couldn’t stand Rhys and was indifferent to Shelley but after rewatching 2001-2002 episodes I thought they were quite believable as parents in that era of time and so grow to quite like them and Shelley I thought had very great warmth about her once you take more notched of her. 

Hunter - I like much more once he matured in 2018  and started to grow into big brother figure to Ryder and there was potential for Hunter  to stay  around for bit longer as felt there was potential for Hunter and Dean to become friends. 

Dean -I actually like Dean more in his early days when he was bad boy and more outcast to town  as he seemed to have more  personality  and humour and like how Dean and Ryder were building brotherly relationship but seemed to fade away once characters went different directions. 

What’s are you thoughts?. 

• John changed the title to Are there some Characters you liked better at beginning or came to like better later?.

It's hard to think. Obviously there are characters that are designed to be unlikable at first and then improve: It took me a while to warm to Ryder and especially Xavier but they became favourites. I'm not sure I've drastically changed my mind about characters on rewatch, there's always that nostalgic filter there. There've been a few that I've been on and off with, I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely Rhys for me. I couldn't stand him for most of his time on the show, but I always enjoy him on the re-runs. The show's always had trouble writing middle aged men, but he was one they really got right.

Dani's another one I enjoy a bit more in hindsight. I never hated her as much as a lot of people did, but I always find myself genuinely liking her when I do a rewatch. She just had the bad luck of being the "other person" in the way of two of the most popular couples of their time in Kane / Kirsty and Will / Gypsy, but she was in the right in both instances, especially the former. It's kind of ridiculous how she was made out to be some sort of selfish cow for not wanting her rapist to date her sister (Tammin Sursok was on Christie Hayes (Kirsty)'s podcast a while ago and they both laughed about how that storyline would never fly now).

Staying fairly recently, a character I came to like better over time was Bella. I remember beginning to like her more when she got into photography and then again after Colby left.

On 27/06/2022 at 01:27, j.laur5 said:

Dean -I actually like Dean more in his early days when he was bad boy and more outcast to town  as he seemed to have more  personality  and humour and like how Dean and Ryder were building brotherly relationship but seemed to fade away once characters went different directions. 

I agree about Dean. He hasn't had many storylines specifically about him recently. More just him helping everyone else with whatever they have going on.

• 3 months later...

Disliked Tug at first (all the things he did to Shane) but later grew to like him

Kinda Disliked Angel to start with too but warmed to her a bit faster.

Flipside

Josh West, I liked until his 180 character flip which likely led to his downward spiral. 

Rhys (to a degree) until he ran back to Shelley.

Archived