Sally and Flynn A Love Story

Zig

Chapter 9

Sally and Lance soon found themselves sitting at the pier and Sally looked up at the sky to see the shining sun, it felt brighter today almost like it was a sign that Tom was watching her and that made her feel better a bit after all it reminded her that Tom will always be looking over Sally no matter what.

It was twenty minutes later when Sally saw Noah walking towards them carrying three coffees before sitting beside Sally "I figured you could use this, how are you doing?" Sally smiled grateful for what Noah was doing "I'm okay, I mean I'm not okay but yeah I'm okay." Noah nodded as he looks at Sally "Yeah well today you will have ups and down, you will want to smile and cry at points but just remember you can do that. Grieve in whichever way you need too." Sally nods and smiles again at Noah "Thanks and just for the record, your really good at it." Noah knew what Sally had meant and smiled before saying goodbye and leaving Sally in Lance capable hands.

It was about a hour later and after promising Lance she would be okay on her own for a bit, needing to take a walk along the beach and remember Tom on her own, Lance said goodbye and agreed to meet Sally at the diner for lunch in a hour.

When Sally got to the beach, she took off her thongs before heading towards the water standing there as she let the water wet her legs. All she wanted to do was stand there and look up at the sky and remember all the good times she had with Tom for the next hour.

Sally was able to do this for half a hour and in fact in that time she had been crying more so then not. 

She was then taken out of her thoughts by the sound of a voice. She turned around to come face to face with Flynn. She knew she needed to be honest with him at some point but she couldn't do that today. It needed to any other day as today was about remembering her dad.

Flynn saw that Sally was in her own thoughts even after she turned around "Look Sally we need to talk." Sally crossed her arms as she nodded before speaking "I know we do but not today." Flynn looked at Sally "We need to figure stuff out." Sally looked at Flynn barely holding it together "Not today ok. All I want to do today is remember my dad and nothing else so just let me do that." Sally then walked away annoyed before Flynn could say anything else or say sorry because she knew on top of dealing with her grief she couldn't deal with the conversation she would have to have with Flynn not today anyway after all she was already messed up and having confused thoughts and she didn't want to add to that.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG yes! Another Sally and Flynn story! I love them so, so much.

I just read all the chapters, and I am excited to see where you take this! Especially reading the early years with Sal and Flynn, I never saw these! I only remember Flynn from the actor change so this is exciting.

Bad timing for Flynn to approach Sally, but hopefully they figure themselves out. 

On 08/06/2022 at 08:32, InfantryAlex said:

OMG yes! Another Sally and Flynn story! I love them so, so much.

I just read all the chapters, and I am excited to see where you take this! Especially reading the early years with Sal and Flynn, I never saw these! I only remember Flynn from the actor change so this is exciting.

Bad timing for Flynn to approach Sally, but hopefully they figure themselves out. 

I love writing these two and have plenty of times. They are my faves stories to write. I haven't watched Sally and Flynn from 2001 so other then key moments putting my own spin on their love story. Glad your enjoying this. Thanks for reading and hope you read more

12 hours ago, RebeccaR said:

Really enjoying this story, looking forward to see what happens between Sally and Flynn.

Looking forward to more chapters.

So glad you are enjoying this. There plenty more to come

Chapter 10

It was now the next day and Sally was coping allot better then the previous day and she knew that she had now owned Flynn a  massive apologize after all she kind of took some of her anger out on him the previous day and she knew that was something that he didn't deserve.

Sally walked into the diner and straight away, spotted Flynn sitting in one of the booths and knowing that she needed to talk to him headed in his direction. When she got there, she made it known "Flynn." He looked up and Sally spoke again "Look yesterday, I'm sorry. It wasn't an easy day for me, I was struggling and I took it out on you which wasn't fair and you didn't deserve that." Flynn nodded as he listened to what Sally had said before looking at her "Are you okay now?" Sally decided to sit down at the other side of Flynn's booth which she did before answering his question "I'm a bit better." Flynn smiled "I get it Sally, we all have bad days." Sally nodded, she was glad that Flynn understood that.

A waiter had came straight after that and after agreeing to join Flynn to make up for yesterday, Sally ordered herself a coffee as she looked at Flynn knowing he wanted to say something "You can say it, whatever you need too." Flynn wasn't sure it was his place after all he barely knew her but he needed to ask "Your dad, you said you needed yesterday to remember him?" Sally nodded as she held in her emotions "Yes." Flynn went to ask something else however the waiter came over with their takeaways coffees and Sally spoke first "Let's go for a walk." Flynn nodded as both him and Sally grabbed their coffees and exited the diner.

They found themselves at the beach and Flynn was the first to speak "What was your dad like?" Sally took a breath, truth was Tom was everything Sally had ever wanted in a father "Tom, he was incredible, he was always there for me through it all. The day that he asked me if he could adopt me, it was the best day of my life." Sally smiles at the memory as Flynn takes in the information Sally had told him and as he was a councilor he knew what it meant and if he was honest he was surprised at this "You were a foster child." Sally nodded "Yes when Tom and Pippa first bought us to the bay there were five of us Frank, Steven, Carly, Lynn and me. Bobby joined us soon after and the family was complete." Flynn smiled as he took in what Sally said as she spoke again "I lived with Tom and Pippa since I was five, my mum and dad died in a boating accident." Flynn listened and looked at Sally "I'm really sorry." Sally smiled "It okay after all I got Tom and Pippa and they were the best parents I could ever ask for." Flynn nodded "They sound like amazing people." Sally nodded "They are and every single day I wish Tom was still here." Flynn nodded, he could understand that after all he still missed his mum and they weren't that close but it was clear to Flynn that Sally and her foster dad Tom were.

It was a few minutes later and Flynn and Sally were sitting down on the sand "Look I get you want to talk about the." Flynn cuts her off "That can wait. We need to talk but right now you aren't in the best headspace to do that." Sally nodded after all he was right and she didn't really want to worry about anything else right now. Flynn looked at her again "We can talk about it when your up to it." Sally smiled truly grateful that Flynn was understanding and going to give her time as that was what she needed and not just because she was missing Tom but because she wasn't sure she wanted to be in a relationship again, not after the non wedding event.

Tom was the best Dad Sal can ask for she is right about that.

I am so glad that Sally is comfortable in opening up to Flynn in relation to Tom and her family. 

My heart breaks for Sal I just know she wishes Tom was here for all the important events.

Its great that Flynn is being so understanding in saying that he and Sal can have the conversation when she is in a better headspace and that she can have his support now

6 minutes ago, beachside said:

Tom was the best Dad Sal can ask for she is right about that.

I am so glad that Sally is comfortable in opening up to Flynn in relation to Tom and her family. 

My heart breaks for Sal I just know she wishes Tom was here for all the important events.

Its great that Flynn is being so understanding in saying that he and Sal can have the conversation when she is in a better headspace and that she can have his support now

Tom really was and it sure is great to see Sal opening up to Flynn and Flynn understanding. There will be plenty more of that to come

Archived