Storylines or themes which repeat a lot

BobbyFridge

On 05/09/2023 at 14:51, Homeandawayfan. said:

Home And Away is technically the same programme as it was when it began almost 36 years ago, just not the same show if you get my drift. There is continuity goring right back to the pilot, just the format has changed so much.

On a note about Bert King, I found the Kevin Healy version better even if Kevin's Bert was a one episode wonder. The Peter version was more memorable though. Bert was about the same age as Nev I reckon.

As said, Floss looked quite young in 1988 but was supposed to be at least 58 if she had married Nev in 1949. 1988 Don could have passed as Floss' dad even though Floss was much older.

On 16/10/2023 at 14:07, early years fan said:

Dramatic birth scenes, either stuck somewhere in labour, unable to get to the hospital, giving birth at home, on the roadside, going into labour early….

the local hospital seems to be equipped to deal with anything from special neonatal care to brain surgery ?

Who can forget the Oscar-winning suspense that was Grobby scouring the streets of Yabbie Creek for that "needle in a haystack" in her leggin era (let alone Maz and Bobby's such different interpretations of the "my life as a station wagon's" speed of shopping).