Did anyone think Morag should be redeemed in 1993?..

j.laur5

I personally think it would be better if Morag had started redeem herself in 1993 and instead of being devious in trying to take Sam. 

Maybe have that Morag realises that she didn’t deserve Sam and therefore turns it down Donald idea on Morag having Sam live with her and proves to Alisa she truly wants to change.

Morag could return several times after 1993 as she could return to help Alisa with her breakdown in 1995 and then return to help Alisa again after personality change in her car accident in 1999 and maybe Morag could even return to help Chloe and Irene with battles with Diana Fraser. 

I think this would be better beginning of Morag mellowing then Morag mellow all sudden in 2003 on feeling sorry she had send Dani to jail. 

• 4 months later...

Yes it would have been good if Morag had been used more during this time. The mid 90s seemed to be a bit of a low point for the Stewart's. Roo had long since departed as had Celia and Morag, aside from her brief '93 appearance. 

Bobby had died, Karen had been a parenting disaster, then their marriage seemed strained and tbh they probably should have divorced as they seemed to be fed up with each other.

Ailsa wasn't particularly close with Irene and she seemed more distant from Pippa too. Their charges (Sarah and then Curtis) were far leser characters than Blake and Karen, with the house becoming more peripheral to the set. 

Also it seemed as though Alf and Ailsa were becoming as Ray Meagher put it 'wallpaper' far more, and becoming less important to the show. Maybe book writing and panto was more important.

Perhaps having a returning strong Stewart wasn't part of the zeitgeist of the time.

14 hours ago, Stewarts Point said:

Yes it would have been good if Morag had been used more during this time. The mid 90s seemed to be a bit of a low point for the Stewart's. Roo had long since departed as had Celia and Morag, aside from her brief '93 appearance. 

Bobby had died, Karen had been a parenting disaster, then their marriage seemed strained and tbh they probably should have divorced as they seemed to be fed up with each other.

Ailsa wasn't particularly close with Irene and she seemed more distant from Pippa too. Their charges (Sarah and then Curtis) were far leser characters than Blake and Karen, with the house becoming more peripheral to the set. 

Also it seemed as though Alf and Ailsa were becoming as Ray Meagher put it 'wallpaper' far more, and becoming less important to the show. Maybe book writing and panto was more important.

Perhaps having a returning strong Stewart wasn't part of the zeitgeist of the time.

I thought Ailsa and Irene were very close friends, and that Ailsa grew more close to Irene then Pippa. 

I don't think Ailsa and Irene were close at the start. In that era, Irene and Michael had a nice friendship I thought. 

The Morag trying to steal Sam storyline made no sense to me at all. She had shown she could be kind to young people but I'm not entirely sure what taking Sam was going to achieve. Unless it was some sort of belated way of getting back at Bobby or upsetting the people she'd left behind?

2 hours ago, cymbaline said:

I don't think Ailsa and Irene were close at the start. In that era, Irene and Michael had a nice friendship I thought. 

The Morag trying to steal Sam storyline made no sense to me at all. She had shown she could be kind to young people but I'm not entirely sure what taking Sam was going to achieve. Unless it was some sort of belated way of getting back at Bobby or upsetting the people she'd left behind?

From what I remember, Roo and Morag didn't part on good terms when Roo left in 1989 (someone else might have a better memory?), so maybe she was after another young person she could "mentor", if that makes sense. I guess the difference would be that Roo was independent during 1988-1989, whereas Sam would still need full-time care, which I am not sure Morag would have been able to provide effectively. She'd probably have just hired a nanny

Archived