Were Pippa and Michael the foster parents from hell?

BobbyFridge

12 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Steering it  back to Michael and Pippa, it seemed like they were never out of debt at times. If Michael tightened belts any more, everyone would have turned purple!?

That boat shed seems to have been a bad luck charm for everyone who bought it. Michael lost heaps of money when the Sands Resort went bust. Then Haydn came along and the result was even more financial misery. You can track it all by his vehicles, which get progressively worse as it goes along. He had that flashy yellow ute at the start when he was wooing Pippa. By the end, they were driving a decrepit old combi van that blew up in a bush fire. Rob foolishly bought the business and before he mysteriously vanished, he and his vests had moved into the store-room upstairs. I think I read that someone later burned the boat shed down - probably for the best.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I would say was that there was a great deal of realistic emotion displayed by Debra and Denis. They were very tactile, lots of hugging, kissing as well as rowing and anger outbursts. They were passionate and engaging in a way that Vanessa and Roger never were. There was a realistic depth to their characters that could be explained by their real life marriage, and possibly by the acting too.

So yes there was lots of negativity, but it was strangly compelling and realistic.

Archived