Neighbour Nominated

Guest Di

Neighbour nominated

April 20, 2005

NEIGHBOURS star Jackie Woodburne has been nominated for a prestigious European television award.

Woodburne, who plays Susan Kennedy on the Network 10 soap, was nominated for Switzerland's Rose d'Or Festival Award for best female performance in a soap opera.

"It is a lovely acknowledgement, especially coming at the time of Neighbours' 20-year anniversary," Woodburne said.

"It is very rewarding for a performance to be recognised after such a long time with the program."

Advertisement:

Woodburne has been on Neighbours for 11 years.

The 45th Rose d'Or Festival will take place in Lucerne from May 3-8 with the awards honouring the best of international television.

There were just two nominees in Woodburne's category, with her only competition being Lesley Ann Down from US soap The Bold and the Beautiful.

"I am thrilled to be nominated with Lesley," Woodburne said.

"I remember watching her in Upstairs, Downstairs many years ago and thinking she is wonderful."

:D yeah I loved her when I watched it, she was the mother to the young who came to Ramsey Street with no parent's. She took them under her wing.Good Luck Jackie :D

Aww, that is great that she has been honoured in that catagory, I think she is a great actress. Although I would say why hasn't Kate Ritchie been nominated in this catogory though for her role in Home and Away as she has been in Home and Away now since the start.

Oh that is wonderful for Jackie. I love her, she's such a great actress. It is so nice to see her getting acknowledged for her role as Susan, I don't think Neighbours would be the same without her.

Good luck to her, I hope she wins it. GO JACKIE! :D

• 1 year later...

Archived