Truth Hurts

Zig

Story Title: Truth Hurts
Type of story:  Small/Medium Fic
Main Characters: Tori Morgan, Christian Green, Jasmine Delaney, Justin Morgan & Leah Patterson
BTTB rating: T
Genre:  Drama
Does story include spoilers: No
Any warnings: None
Summary: After Christian proposals to Tori and she accepts, she knows she needs to tell Christian the truth about her past. How will Christian react knowing Tori lied to him the whole time. And can their relationship survive this.

Chapter 1

It wasn't straight after she accepted Christian proposal but it was later that night when Justin and Tori were alone in the lounge room when Justin said it "So your going to tell him about our past? I mean you can't exactly lie on a wedding certificate." As soon as  Justin had said this Tori had a look of worry and fear on her face. She hadn't even thought about that as in the past everyone she had dated already knew about her past but well Christian he didn't. He didn't know her real name or that her family were in witness protective or that she along with Robbo and Jasmine were in protective customary. She then realized how little Christian knew about her and how much she had lied to him. She felt awful about it but she wasn't sure until now if the relationship would last and she didn't even think about her past when she accepted his marriage proposal.

After thinking about it all Tori looked at her brother with a look of worry "What am I meant to do Justin?" Justin could hear the fear in his sister voice "You are going to have to tell him the truth Tori. You have no choice anymore not now that your engaged." Tori knew he was right but she had no clue how to tell him that she wasn't who he thought she was "How am I meant to tell him that our whole relationship been a lie?" Justin didn't even know how to answer his sister question instead he just looked at her "I have no idea. I think you might need to work that our yourself." Tori grabbed the nearest pillow and tossed it at her brother "Your no help." Justin just smirked at his sister while Tori sat their deep in thought.

It was less then ten minutes later when Christian and Leah walked back into the Morgan's with food. Christian straight away walked over and kissed his fiancé who kissed him back for ones of the last times before everything would change. After she had kissed her fiancé she decided she needed Leah advice and looked at the older female "Can we talk outside?" Leah nodded as she headed outside and Tori followed behind her.

Once the pair were outside and seated Leah looked at her friend "What going on? You aren't as happy as you were when Christian and you came home engaged." Tori nods "I'm happy but I'm scared." This shocked Leah "Of what?" Leah could see Tori loved Christian so she knew it wasn't that she then looked at her friend waiting for an answer "Justin pointed out to me about how my real name might be used on the wedding certificate which means that I will need to tell Christian everything about my past and the fact this relationships in some ways have been a lie." Leah could hear the worry in Tori's voice "He loves you Tori." Tori nods "I know he does and I love him too but I'm worried that when I tell him the truth everything will change and that he won't even want to be with me anymore." Tori was almost in tears as she said this which made Leah get up and hug her friend as she cried.

Chapter 2

It was very late in the night however for Tori she couldn't even think about sleeping. Her mind was completely else square. She didn't know how she was going to explain any of this to Christian as her history isn't exactly easy or something everybody goes through and she knew the only people that would completely understand are the ones who went through it anyway. She quietly got out of bed making sure to not wake up Christian and headed out to the lounge room.

As soon as she was out there she sat comfortably on the couch as she tried to figure what to tell Christian like where would she even begin with her parents death or her real name or the many other things she had been keeping to herself since the start of their relationships. Tori mind was all over the place and she was thinking of all the things that could happen when Christian finds out the truth like him dumping her or not been able to forgive her for the huge lie she was hiding and if Tori was honest she wouldn't blame him but in her defense she didn't think their relationship would get to this point this quickly.

It wasn't long after that when she heard footsteps coming from the hallway and then her fiancée voice "You weren't in bed and I was worried." Tori could hear the concern in his voice and straight away all she felt was guilt "I'm fine. I just need to figure something out." Christian could see the worry on Tori's face "If you tell me maybe I can help." Tori can see how much he wants to help but he can't not with this. Tori shakes her head pretty much immediately as Christian walks over and sits beside her "You can't help?" Christian was confused "Why not?" Tori took a big breath "Because I'm trying to figure out how to tell you something." Christian grabs Tori's hand and holds it "You can tell me anything I won't judge you. " Tori could see the seriousness on his face "This is big Christian, trust me even if you don't judge me, I know you won't be happy about it." This made Christian both worried and confused straight away he was scared Tori was regretting the engagement "Tori you can tell me anything." Tori takes a breath as she knows it now or never "I'm haven't been telling you the truth about anything Christian." Christian was puzzled as he didn't understand what Tori meant. He looked at his fiancé waiting for answers.

• 1 month later...

Chapter 3
After Tori had explained to Christian everything about her past she sat in silence waiting for her fiance reaction and the more he stayed silent, the more she got worried "Can you say something please or at least look at me?" Christian turned around and looked at her which immediately made Tori see the hurt look in his eyes "What made you tell me this now?" Tori took a breath because if she was honest she wasn't sure how he would feel about the truth "The wedding certificate  it probably will have my real name on it." Christian immediately looked upset "If we didn't get engaged, would have you told me about any of this?" Tori immediately grabbed Christian's hand "This was my past Christian. I needed a fresh start and I got that with you." Christian was still hurt "Before we even dated I told you that I had an ex wife yet somehow you didn't think about telling me this." Christian then got up and walked out of the door of the Morgan's and left incredibly upset. As he left Tori buried her head in her knees feeling awful.

Christian hadn't gotten very far when he heard his name been called. He turned around to see Jasmine walking towards him "I thought I would be the only one out this late." Christian looked at Jasmine as she said that "Yeah well I needed some space from Tori." This made Jasmine worry as Tori was her friend and Robbo's family. "Did you guys have a fight?" Christian shakes his head as he sees the concern on Jasmine's face "Not exactly, Tori she told me some things about her past." Jasmine had a idea on what this could be "Protective Customary?" Christian nods "That and witness protection." Jasmine immediately understood would be upset "I get how it feels, when Robbo first told me about his past well I didn't handle it well." Christian nods at his friend as they walk side by side "It not her past I'm upset about." Jasmine stopped walking "Then what is it?" Christian hoped when he would tell Jasmine his reasons that she would understand "It's the fact she wasn't honest with me, We have been together for three months and I understand that she wanted to make sure we would be long term before telling me." Jasmine cuts him off "But when she knew you were she should off." Christian nods as Jasmine looks at her friend "She probably scared of losing you, that's probably why she didn't tell you and I know I haven't been the most supportive of your relationship but she loves you Christian so much." Christian smiles "I know she does. I just need some time to wrap my head around this." Jasmine nods "Fair enough. After all Tori's life isn't exactly a nice one." Christian smiles as he agrees with Jasmine statement before walking away to clear his head and figure out what he is going to do.

• 1 month later...

Chapter 4

It wasn't long before Justin walked out of the lounge room to see his sister sitting alone and in that moment he knew Christian knew about their past "What happened?" Tori looked up in that moment with puffy eyes "He wasn't happy at all because I hid the truth from him." Justin immediately went and sat beside his sister "Yeah well you had your reasons." Tori nods "I did but he is still hurt. Why did I agree to marry him when I knew this would screw up my life anyway." Justin immediately pulled his sister into a hug "He will come back T. He loves you." Tori holds onto the hug for a minute before pulling away "What if that isn't enough?" Tori then cries in Justin arms worried about how she screwed the best thing to ever happen to her besides Grace up.

Leah who had heard Justin and Tori in the hallway decided she needed to find Christian and make sure he was okay as well and she knew she would understand how Christian felt so that she might be able to help him. She had rushed to get change and sneak out of the house without Tori and Justin seeing her.

Leah had walked around the bay and when she reached the pier, she immediately spotted Christian and walked towards him "You okay? I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling." Christian turned around "Hurt and lied too." Leah nodded as she went beside Christian "When I first dated Justin he told me everything that happened and I don't think it was a easy thing for him to talk about his witness protection days and childhood as he had gone through some crap and I would imagine Tori feeling that maybe even more then Justin did." Christian nodded again "I understand it hard for her and maybe if it was just any other day before we were engaged I would taken this easier." Christian paused as Leah looked at him "But?" Christian looked at her again "It the fact she did because we are getting married and it was all going to come out anyway." Leah understood Christian point "I get how that could hurt but she loves you Christian and It clear you love her too." Christian smiles "I do. I just have so many questions." Leah nods "I know but Tori the only one who can give you the answers. So you need to talk to her." Christian smiles " I know and I guess I need to know the answers now so let's go." With that Christian and Leah head back to the house as Christian asks himself a million questions in his head which he hopes will be answered by Tori soon.

When they arrived home Christian walked in the door to see Tori and Justin sitting down but could see Tori looking at him from the moment he had returned and then he looked directly at her "We need to talk." Tori looked at him and nodded in agreement before Justin and Leah left the couple alone to talk.

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 5

Christian looked at Tori "Why keep all of this from me for this long?" Tori took a breath "It's not exactly something you bring up in a conversation and I needed to see if we could last before I went through all the painful memories of my life with someone again." Christian listened to what Tori had said and nodded in understanding before asking his next question "Did you only tell me now because off?" Tori shook her head "No whether or not we got engaged Christian sooner or later I would of told you." Christian looks at Tori to ask one final question "Are you at risk now, like will you have to suddenly up and leave me one day?" Tori knew they were safe at the moment but she also knew anything was possible "I'm safe but that could change yes. It's a question I couldn't give you answer too." Christian got up and started pacing around as he tried to process everything Tori had told him.

It had been half a hour when Tori finally decided to speak up "I do understand if you want to leave me and walk out of our relationship because of this. I mean the truth can hurt." Christian walked towards Tori at that point "I might be upset and mad at you Tori but I love you and there is no way that I'm walking away from this relationship Tori." Tori hid her surprise at what Christian had said and immediately showed him a smile, relieved that her awful and horrible past hadn't made her lose the man she loves well not yet anyway. Christian even those upset with Tori for lying hold her hand before kissing her and then he looks at her "The truth about your past was hard to hear and even with all that in her life Tori I would still be all in with you." Christian kisses Tori again "Tori Morgan I love you for who you are not for what happened in your life." Tori then smiles at Christian "I love you too."

The end

Note Thanks to all that read. I hope you enjoyed the story and I would love to hear some feedback. Hope you liked how this ended and i'm sorry the last chapters were so short.

Comments

Archived