Would a miniseries with old characters work?

I think Tom did mention his parents in one of the first episodes but I think they were dead by then. Not sure he he had any siblings.

I think a prequel set in 1965 would be good as it is 22 years before the show begun. 1982 is only a few years before the show begun so lookalike actors would still not fit in very well with Jan 1988 onwards IMHO.

1965 would feature a 20 year old very young newbie teacher Don, and Alf and Barbara, and a 24 year old Morag. Plus courting couple Tim and Helen Patterson (Alison's parents). Bertram would be the head, and the series could end at the Bobby adoption in 1970.

• 1 month later...
On 15/09/2021 at 22:05, Summer's Bay said:

However,  I’m wondering if the programme has evolved so much that there might not be much interest for it. 

I'd agree with this. They might be interested in doing a prequel featuring characters like Alf, Roo and Martha, since it would be of interest to current viewers, but certainly nothing focusing on the Fletchers or any other early years characters.  

On 15/09/2021 at 22:05, Summer's Bay said:

The official  home and away books can be used as the story lines since they pretty much explain the back story of the main characters. 

Would they be used as canon though? They are so old now, I'm sure the producers would tweak minor details if it suited.

• 3 months later...

It’s very unlikely they would do a prequel involving the Fletchers or any old characters.

The most likely would be one focusing on Alf, Martha and Roo. I personally wouldn’t mind seeing Martha’s decision to fake her death as it was really glossed over in the show.

But let’s be real - a Home and Away prequel will feature the “Original River Boys” where Alf rescues a young Roo from the thugs of Mangrove River.

2 hours ago, 16770052 said:

It’s very unlikely they would do a prequel involving the Fletchers or any old characters.

The most likely would be one focusing on Alf, Martha and Roo. I personally wouldn’t mind seeing Martha’s decision to fake her death as it was really glossed over in the show.

But let’s be real - a Home and Away prequel will feature the “Original River Boys” where Alf rescues a young Roo from the thugs of Mangrove River.

Lol I can see that. We'll also the Braxtons as kids I'm sure hah

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/02/2022 at 02:43, Homeandawayfan. said:

H&A has featured mini prequels during its entire life in the main serial. Flashbacks to the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s, such scenes are great.

I remember the origins of Mr Oddley with a flashback to Alf’s childhood birthday with a young Celia and Morag.

They could make a horror movie spin-off of Mr Oddley.

28 minutes ago, ter06 said:

Mr Oddley was terrifying!! Am I right in thinking even Debra made an appearance in the Mr Oddley flashback?

Yes she did, though we don't question the presence of all the sisters being there, and around the same age, at Alf's 5th birthday ?

Archived