Now A Family

Zig

Chapter 21

Soon enough it was nighttime and the Fletcher- Saunders clam were getting ready for dinner when they heard a knock at the door. Flynn walked over and opened it to see Dan there "Sally told us you were coming, come in." Flynn moved out of the way and allowed Dan to come in. He smiled at everyone when he spotted Cassie "Can we talk?" Cassie looked at Dan and nodded "Of course. Let's go outside." The pair walked towards outside as Sally, Flynn and Ric continued to get ready for dinner. 

Once outside and on there own Dan grabbed a box out of his pocket and handed it to Cassie. Cassie looked at up at Dan confused "What is this?" Dan smiled at the teenager "Just open it." Cassie did as she was told and when she opened the box she teared up a little bit "Thank you." Dan walked over and hugged Cassie "Of course besides your mum would want you to have this." Cassie hugged Dan before pulling away and putting the necklace on "How did you get this? Mum told me not long before she died she put it away somewhere." Dan looked at Cassie and knew in that moment her mum sent it to him hoping Cassie would find Dan some day "Your mum sent it to me, a while back." Cassie smiles grateful "Thank you Dan this was exactly what I needed to feel closer to her." Dan nods as he hugs Cassie again before the pair head inside.

When they walk in Ric immediately spots the necklace on Cassie "It suits you. I'm glad you somehow finally got a reminder of your mum." Cassie smiles as she looks at Ric "Yeah me too. I know a part of her will be with me now and I can move on with my life without feeling like she is gone." Ric hugs Cassie "Your mum will always be with you Cass, no matter what." Cassie smiles at this before pulling away from the hug and walk over to the table to sit down with the adults.

Dinner had gone by quickly and every single one of then enjoyed it. However after Dan left Cassie needed to ask a very important question to Flynn and Sally which led then and Ric to sitting on  the couch. Flynn who was sitting next to Cassie looked at his adopted daughter "So what is going on Cassie?" Cassie looked at Flynn then Sally "I know your already my adoptive parents but I really want to have your name Flynn. I want to change my name to Cassie Saunders. So can I?" This made both Flynn and Sally tear up and Flynn reached over and hugged Cassie "Of course you can. We will look into making it happen." Cassie hugged Flynn back and smiled "I love you all so much." Sally got up and joined in the hug with Ric following and doing the same.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 22

It was the next day while Cassie was at school when Flynn made the enquires about Cassie changing her name to Saunders. If Flynn was honest he never expected for Cassie to change her name to his but he also felt loved because she was.

Cassie knowing Flynn was making the enquires raced home at lunchtime to see Flynn sitting down "Any Luck?" Flynn looks up surprised to see Cassie "Yeah you have to fill out some forms and then they will get processed and your name will be change in about six weeks." This immediately made Cassie smile as she went and sat beside Flynn. Flynn looked at Cassie "I just wanted to tell you how proud I am of you. You been through so much but you made it through and you become so much stronger not to mention i feel honored that you want to change your name to mine." Cassie grabs her foster dad hand and holds it "Your my dad Flynn, I love you and I want the whole world to know your my family." This makes Flynn smile and he gets up and hugs Cassie "I love you so much." Cassie immediately smiles "I love you dad."

Meanwhile back at school Ric knocked on Sally office door before walking in and closing the door. Sally looked up to see Ric "You okay?" Ric nods "Yeah it just Cassie went home to speak to Flynn and I don't want to be around people." Sally nods "Understandable. I'm about to eat too so make yourself comfortable." Ric immediately dropped his bag to the floor and laid on the couch in Sally office before looking up at his teacher and mum "I hope you know how much I appreciate what Flynn and you have done for me and Cassie. It something Cassie can say easier but me not so much so I just hope you know." Sally smiles as she walks towards Ric "Ric we do know that and we both love you." Ric smiles and sits up so Sally can sit next to him "I love you too and I'm really happy to call you and Flynn my parents." Sally hugs Ric "And we are happy to call you our son and we always will be." The pair stay in the hug for a while before eating their lunches and chatting.

Chapter 23

Six weeks had gone by quickly nothing really eventually had happened in that time and for Sally, Flynn, Cassie and Ric they were starting to have a normal family life without too much drama which made then all very happy.

Today was going to be the day Cassie got her new birth certificate with her  new last name and she was happy that her whole family including Dan would be there when it arrived which made her happy.

It was about eight o'clock when Cassie spotted Ric sitting on the couch and went and joined him. Cassie showed him a smile as he turned around and spotted her "You know Cass, I can't help that think about how lucky we are that we ended up here with Sally and Flynn. It changed my life for the better." Cassie smiles and immediately nods in agreement "Yeah I know what your saying. I'm, we are both different people now then the day Flynn saw us on the beach." Ric smiles and then recalls something "You know, I'm glad I listened to you and trusted him that day. I mean our lives are so much better now, way better then it would be if we were running." Cassie immediately hugs Ric it came out of nowhere but she knew that she needed it "Yeah it did but just for the record Ric, I will always be here for you." Ric returns the hug and smiles "Yeah same Cass. I will be here for you no matter what." 

Meanwhile Sally and Flynn were sitting in their bed upstairs when Sally kisses her husband "I'm glad you bought Ric and Cassie home that day. I couldn't imagine life without then now." Flynn kisses back "Neither can I Sal. Our family is complete and perfect." Sally smiles as she kisses Flynn again "I love you Flynn." Flynn pulls his wife closer to him "Well I love you too." The pair smile and kiss again.

It was a few hours later and Dan had just arrived and as soon as he had Cassie had dragged him outside why everyone else was getting some soft drink and food ready. When they got outside Dan looked at Cassie "You ok?" Cassie immediately nods "Yeah for the first time in my life I think I am and I also know that if it wasn't for the support I had from you, things could of been very different." Dan pulls Cassie into a hug "I will always support you Cassie." Cassie hugs back tightly "Dan your family remember that your always going to be family to me." Dan can't help that tear up when he hears that "And you will be to me." The pair hug for a little while before walking back inside.

It was half a hour later when Cassie was handed the parcel addressed to her. She walked towards the couch and sat between Flynn and Sally. Cassie then carefully opened the parcel to see her new birth certificate  and teared up which made Flynn and Sally both hug her. Cassie then looked at the group "I'm so happy to have your last name Flynn and to call you my dad and I'm happy to call you my mum Sally. I love you guys so much." They both smile as they pull out of the hug and all five grab their drinks and cheers speaking in union "To new beginnings as a family." The group all smile and chat excited to see what happens next.

The end

Note- Thank you to everyone who read Becoming a Family and Now A Family. I hope you guys enjoyed both stories.

Comments

Archived