Is He Really The Love Of My Life?

Zig

Chapter 11

Miles is sitting on the stool while Leah pouring Coffees. Thankfully for the pair Chloe, Irene and Roo were serving and getting the customers orders so that they could talk and to be honest they both knew they needed too particulary now however both for different reasons. Miles wanted to talk Leah into ending it before she ended up more hurt and Leah wanted to make sure he wouldn't go near Justin and be safe.

They were halfway through the conversation when Tori walks in "Leah we need to talk". This makes Leah and Miles both turn around as Leah looks at Tori "I'm not talking to Justin particularly after his actions this morning" Tori looks at Leah confused "He said all he did was try to talk to you" Miles looks furious and Leah shakes her head "He punched someone and that is not ok". Tori was shocked to find out this new piece of information "Look I didn't realize that. I'm sorry". Leah can tell Tori feels awful "Don't be it isn't your fault It is his" Tori smiles at Leah as Miles cuts in "Hi I'm Miles" Tori turns in his direction and smiles "I'm Tori" Leah clicks she haven't filled Miles in on Tori "Miles, Tori is Justin's sister and one of my best friends. Tori this is Miles he is my best friend and my ex." Tori and Miles nod at each other knowing now how the other was connected to Leah "Sounds like you guys have history? I'm just curious and I won't tell Justin". Leah smiles knowing Tori won't "I know you won't. How about we go for a walk while Miles catches up with Irene after all this place isn't busy". Tori smiles at Leah and then waits for her to grab her stuff.

Tori and Leah are walking down the pier "So how long were you and Miles together?" Leah smiled thinking about it all "We were friends for a long time, then he said he felt something for me, it kissed and all went from there". Tori smiles she can't help it "That kind of romantic". Leah nods thinking back "Yeah particularly because he waited so long to be with me. I was with someone else to begin with Elijah and Miles had feeling for me but waited until well after we broke up". Tori listened to what Leah had to say "He is a real romantic, unlike my brother". Leah smiles at the statement "Yeah that is very accurate". Tori decides to ask the one question that she might get yelled at for "What are your feeling for Miles now?" Leah was surprised with the question but if she was honest it was something she had been thinking about since Miles returned to town "Honestly I don't know. A part of me have always loved Miles ever after it all ended but a part of me remembers the heartache we had after losing our baby and how long it took to fix things and I don't want to ruin our friendship". Tori nods in understanding "Yeah well you need to do what is right for you not anyone else. Even if that means hurt someone you care about". Leah knows Tori is right "Yeah I know which is why I need to figure out what I want and who I want to be with". Tori looks at her "Yeah you do and I always here if you need me". Leah smiles as Tori starts walking away "Thanks Tori". Leah then sits on the pier trying to work it all out.

Irene and Miles sat in the diner at one of the tables and Irene decides to ask the question straight away "You still have feeling for Leah?" Miles is shocked at Irene question "Yes I do. They never really went away" Irene looks at Miles "I know how much you guys have been through and I don't want to see either of you hurting like you did last time". Miles recalls the awful ending in his mind "Believe me that won't happen again. I love her Irene, truth is I have never stopped and I am never going to walk away from her again whether that as friends or as a boyfriend or husband". Irene can see how sincere Miles is "My advice is to just be there for her when she needs you and who knows something might just happen". Miles smiles again "Yeah anything is possible and I promise you Irene, I will never leave her" Irene smiles at Miles "I know you won't" The pair both take a sip of coffee before talking about their own lives and what have changed in the bay since Miles left.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 12

After her chat with Tori, Leah knew she needed to work out what she wanted and who she wanted or didn't want to be with. She sat on the pier thinking about how even after everything her and Miles have been through including a breakup have made then stronger but her and Justin were different to that they fought allot but she knew Justin stood by her so many times when he didn't have too when things were tough which is why she would feel guilty if she ended things now but she also felt like she was cheating on Miles with Justin for some reason.

Leah was sitting on the pier when she heard footsteps approaching her "Is it safe to approach?" Leah turns around at the voice and when she sees that it is Miles she smiles "It is only because it is you". Miles smiles at her as he goes and sits beside her "Can I ask what you were thinking about?" Leah nods and smiles "You and our relationship, how much we have been through together and how much stronger we are because of it" Miles smiles "Yeah I think we are. You go through bad stuff and it always makes you stronger". Leah looks at Miles "I never said this before but I am really sorry that I wasn't there for you after we loss our baby." Miles thinks back to the painful memory "I never blamed you for not being there I get it and that you struggled too". Miles nods "I did but we both got through it eventually." Leah nods as she wraps her arms around Miles and hugs him which he returns.

Meanwhile Tori had arrived home to see an anxious Justin waiting on the couch "So?" Tori crossed her arms "Give her space, you need too particularly after what you did" Justin shocked "Leah told you?" Tori nods "You punched Miles yeah". Justin looks at Tori "At least I know his name now". Justin raced to his room and locked the door leaving a confused Tori.

When Justin got to his and Leah room. He opened up his computer and went into Facebook and searched in Miles name hoping a first name would be enough to find out more about him. He clicked search and straight away his name came up Miles Copeland he clicked the profile after seeing Leah was friends with him and scrolled down his profile hoping he would find out something about him and something about his and Leah past. He didn't care what he found he just needed to know anything about him that he could.

Chapter 13

Justin couldn't believe it but from what he could tell for Miles profile, he was clean guy which meant he had nothing he could use on him to threat him so he could get out of town and away from the woman he loves. The one that is meant to be with him forever.

Justin then hears footsteps and quickly shuts the computer before getting in bed as Leah walks in "hey babe, snuggles?" Leah shakes her head "Not a chance, after what you did to Miles I can't even look at you.". Justin sits up and is fired up "He wouldn't let me talk to you" Leah crosses her arms "I told you I didn't want to talk to you and you kept trying so of course, he was going to protect me.". Justin stands up and yells "You don't need protection from me. Besides he is the loser.". Leah was really annoyed at this point as she grabbed her pillow and headed towards the door "He isn't a loser. He is my best friend and I can't imagine life without him." Justin can't believe what he is hearing "And I'm your boyfriend". Leah looks at Justin "Right now, all you are is needy. I haven't seen Miles in years so right now he comes first". Before Justin can say a word Leah leaves the room slamming the door behind her.

Meanwhile finally since he returned Miles was having a proper catch up with Alf. He had wanted to ask Alf about Leah all night and now he was going too "Is she happy?" Alf looks confused for a minute before realizing who he meant "If I have been honest she haven't been much recently" Miles then decides to see if the reason he thinks that is right "Because of this Justin guy". Alf nods "They were happy at the start but recently since they lost the money, everything changed" Miles takes in the information Alf says in "She deserves better then him". Alf is curious and looks at Miles "Have you even met the guy?" Miles nods "Yeah and when he did he gave me a black eye". Alf was surprised with what Miles told him as Miles looks at Alf "I just want to look out for Leah. She is so important too me". Alf nods "I know that and I say keep looking out for her." Miles smiles "I will never stop doing that". The pair then have more lowkey chats for the rest of the night.

The next morning Miles walks in the diner and sees Leah already there and the door unlocked when it isn't even opening hours "Hey, your here early?" Leah smiles as she sees Miles at the door way and ushers him in and locks the door before anyone could interrupt then "I didn't want to deal with Justin". Miles nods in complete understanding before making the decision to do something. Miles looks at Leah "I need to see if the chemistry and spark is still there". With that Miles kissing Leah who happily returns the kiss, throughout the kiss Miles knows that nothing changed and everything from before was still there as for Leah she knew the spark was there and she felt happy kissing Miles something she hadn't felt with Justin for a long time but she knew she couldn't admit her feeling for Miles too him not yet anyway. She needed to sort some things out before she could.

Chapter 14

After the kiss happened both Miles and Leah in silence agreed they needed to process things on their own and Miles left the diner while Leah locked the door behind him so she could be alone to process everything that just happened.

Leah sat on one of the chairs thinking about the kiss. She would be lying if she didn't admit that she felt something and she also knew that after all this time there was still chemistry between her and Miles perhaps even more chemistry then when they were together before. She also knew that unlike that things were easy with Miles she felt happy and comfortable with him something which she hadn't felt with Justin for a really long time. She knew Justin loved her which made her feel guilty but even before Miles was back she was falling out of love with him and had even more since Miles return.

Elsewhere Miles is sitting on the beach staring out at the ocean as he processed it. He knew that they had been through so much and he even had lots of regrets about the past stuff but he also knew that there was a reason he hadn't dated anyone since Leah and that was because no matter what happened in the past, he was and always will be in love with Leah and from coming back he knew the chemistry was there but didn't want to push her on the matter as he didn't want to ruin what they did have. He liked having her back in his life and no matter what happened he didn't want to lose her.

Back at the diner Leah hears a knock at the door then a voice "It's me". Leah didn't want to face him but she knew she had too at some point as her guilt was eating her alive not that she was admitting anything to Justin. She opens the door "Justin". Justin walks in and sits at one of the tables and Leah gets the feeling the pair are about to have a long chat.

Chapter 15

Justin looks at his girlfriend as they sit on opposite sides of the tables "It like you are a different person now Leah. I'm your boyfriend but since they guy came back it, you always put  him before me". Leah knows he is right she is a different person but if she was been honest she wasn't, she was different with Justin not beforehand "Look you don't always come first I don't see him everyday like I did you". Justin looks cross as Leah doesn't say a word.

Justin then stands up and is pacing around the diner as he looks at Leah "Tell me then, why lie to me? Why not tell me about him?" Leah herself was getting cross now "Because not everything about you Justin. I'm allowed to have a life that doesn't include you and I also allowed to keep secrets you have kept plenty from me". Justin knows exactly what she is referring too "That isn't the same thing." Leah is getting mad now "No it isn't cause yours was way worst Justin taking drugs you weren't meant too is way worst". Justin and Leah both are in silence now not able to say anything at this moment.

It is a little bit while later "Just tell me what is the deal with you and Miles?" Leah looks serious and shakes her head "There is no deal". Justin crosses his arms "We both know that isn't true." Leah nods knowing he is right "Ok fine." Justin looks serious "Do you guys have history like?" Leah knew what he was getting out "Yes we were in a relationship" Justin isn't happy she been spending so much time with an ex "So why spend time with him now if you guys broke up?" Leah looked at Justin "Because he is such a huge and important part of my life". Justin sits down and processes this information and Leah just hopes she won't get hurt.

After a few minutes Justin looks at Leah "Do you have feeling for him?" Leah doesn't know how to answer the question "If I'm honest I'm not sure. I know there is chemistry but I don't know if we would work again". Justin was hurting by her answer "What about me?" Leah takes a breath cause she was about to be honest with him "I don't think I can see a future with us together." Justin is upset and looks at Leah "I need to hear you say it". Leah nods knowing it the least she could do after all she is hurting him "We are over." With that Justin gets up and leaves the diner slamming the door behind him while Leah can't decide whether she is feeling more guilty or relieved.

Chapter 16

As soon as Justin gets home, he slams the door which immediately sets Grace off. Tori races out to then see her brother sitting on the floor crying, she ignores her daughter cries and goes to her brother side. She puts her arms around her brother and holds him as he cries "What happened?" Justin can barley speak without losing it "She ended it Tori". Tori couldn't believe this yeah she knew Leah had a past with Miles but she was still hoping she would choose her brother "I'm so sorry." Justin just keeps crying as Tori holds him. Thankfully it was now just Justin crying as Grace had calmed down "How am I going to live without her? I love her so much." Tori just holds her brother tightly as he cries not letting go of him.

Meanwhile back at the diner Irene unlocks the door to see an upset Leah there "You okay?" Leah nods "I ended things with Justin so yeah I'm ok." Irene is shocked and sits beside her friend "I'm so sorry, Can i ask why?" Leah nods knowing her friend would ask "Everything changed that all. I used to love him but I don't anymore." Irene wonders if it was because of someone "Because of Miles?" Leah shakes her head "Not really. I fell out of love with him before Miles returned but spending time with Miles did help me decide to end it." Irene is surprised "Right? Does Miles know you broke up with Justin?" Leah shakes her head "Not yet." Irene looks at Leah "Then go find him and tell him. I have here covered." Leah nods before getting up and wiping her face on paper towel before leaving.

Leah walked outside to see Miles sitting on one of the seats. She walks over to him "Your up early?" Miles immediately moves over so Leah can sit beside him which she does "Well to be fair you are too." Leah smiles knowing he right "Yeah you have a point." Miles wondered if Justin did something to her "Did you need to get away from Justin?" Leah shakes her head "No I didn't but I did end it with him." Miles moves closer to Leah and pulls her into a hug which she returns "I'm so sorry Leah." Leah nods "Don't be. I should done it a long time ago, hopefully now I can be happy." Miles pulls away from the hug and looks at Leah "You will be. I just know it. It is all you deserve Leah." Leah smiles she wasn't going to tell him her feeling just yet but secretly hoped that Miles was the one she got that happiness with. As for Miles hearing that Leah broke up with Justin made him wonder if she had feeling for him too like he did for her. 

Chapter 17

It was that night when Miles was sitting down alone at home drinking a beer. He felt bad because he knew Leah was hurting and hated seeing her hurting. He was also very much in his own world when a voice started to bring him out of it "Miles?" Miles immediately turned around to see Roo "What is it?" Roo knows he got something else on his mind "I have been trying to get your attention so I'm guessing something on your mind." Miles nods as Roo continues "I'm guessing it Leah." Miles looks at Roo who sits on the chair beside him "I hate seeing her hurting Roo." Roo smiles "I get it seeing people hurt is awful particularly when you love then." Miles was shocked with what Roo said as he was trying to hide it and Roo could see that "Don't worry I'm the only one that knows but I'm right aren't I?". Miles knows she is "Yeah you are, the truth is I never stopped loving her." Roo gives him a smile "Yeah that I could see. I'm guessing she is why you came back to the bay." Miles nods "Yeah I love her and I wanted to see if we had another chance but not while she is hurting." Roo smiles and then looks serious "She might be hurting but when you are ready, you should tell her. You both deserve to be happy.". Miles smiles at Roo "Yeah we do and when it is the right time I going to tell her." Roo smiles before leaving Miles to it. Miles takes a sip of beer and hopes when Leah is ready they might have a chance.

Meanwhile at the Morgan's Justin was sitting alone hurting and broken. He had at least five bottles of beer and knew he was smashed but he also couldn't stopped thinking of Leah. He loved her but now their relationship was over because of that one guy. Justin life had changed and he wasn't ready for a life without Leah and he also knew if Leah got with that guy his heart would rip into pieces as he loved her so much. He stared into space and took a sip of beer and wondered what Leah was doing right now.

Leah was at Irene's for the night. She sat on the couch and was on her phone scrolling through photos delating every single one of her and Justin as all that reminded her off was painful memories and a horrible relationship that she wished she had never gotten into. She then heard the door open and turned around to see Jasmine who smiled at her "Irene told me about the breakup." Leah smiles as she moves over for Jasmine to sit beside her "I can't imagine how hard it was for you Leah." Leah nods at the nurse "I hated that I hurt Justin." Leah pauses and Jasmine jumps in "But you love Miles. Irene told about your history and I get it. I mean look what happened with Lewis he was from my past and if it wasn't for what he did to Christian we could of worked." Leah nods knowing Jasmine would be the one to ask "Would it be horrible to move on so quickly?" Jasmine shakes her head "No not when you know where your heart is. I moved on quickly from a relationship once and it was the best thing I could of done." Leah smiles at Jasmine words "I guess I better speak to Miles tomorrow and tell him how I feel about him then." Jasmine nods "You should just speak from the heart and you will be fine." Leah looks at Jasmine "I will thank you." At this point the pair yawn and both agree bed is the place to be. Leah knows she will have a sleepless night as she will spend it working out what to say to Miles.

Chapter 18

It is the next day when Leah is walking along the beach when she spots Miles sitting alone and immediately heads in his direction and then sits beside him. "Hi". Miles looks up at Leah and it is clear he is upset about something which makes Leah concerned "Are you ok?" Miles can see her concern "This year have been hard and I'm worried that not only have my life become messed up, that I have ruined your relationship too." Leah was shocked at what she hearing particularly because she had told Miles how messed up it was. She immediately grabs his hand and holds it "You didn't ruin my relationship Miles it was ruined a long time before you came back." Miles looks at Leah "But if I was a reason you ended it." Leah held his hand tightly and looked down noticing how perfectly they fitted together "You weren't ok I would ended it a long time ago if it wasn't for guilt." Miles looked at Leah "I still feel partly to blame." Leah looks at Miles and pulls then both up "Well your not to blame at all." 

The pair had now decided to take a walk along the beach to just talk and Leah decided that she needed Miles to know how she felt. She stopped walking and so did Miles who now faced her "What is it Leah?" Leah takes a breath "I need to tell you something." Miles nods nervously "Sure what is it?" Leah can see that he is nervous and grabs both of his hands and holds then "I have feeling for you Miles proper feeling. Ever since you came back they haven't gone away and I don't want then too. Now I know you might not feel the same but I just need to know if you do." Leah was nervous as she didn't know how Miles was going to respond so was surprised when Miles starts kissing her to which she kisses back and when Miles and Leah pull away Leah looks at him "So I guess that is my answer." Miles nods as he looks at Leah and grabs her hand "Come up let figure out what happens now."

Leah and Miles walk for a few more meters before sitting down and Leah decided to ask a question "How long have you had these feeling?" Miles knew that would come up "Since always even before I came back. I never dated anyone after you because the truth is I love you Leah and I always have and always will." Leah was surprised at Miles admission but hid it but she also knew that she did love him too "I love you too." Miles kisses Leah who kisses back before pulling away "So what happens now?" Leah knew that Miles would ask that question "I would like to give us a chance. I love you Miles and we already wasted so much time. I want to be with you.". This immediately makes Miles smile as he wanted to be with Leah for such a long time "I want to be with you too.". Miles and Leah kiss again ready to start fresh as a couple. 

Chapter 19

It was later that night when Miles was home alone that he began reflecting on everything that had happened recently from putting up with a nurse who was in love  with him and coming back to the bay then somehow getting back together with Leah something that he wanted but never expected. He had dreamt of another chance with Leah since he left and he couldn't believe it had finally happened. He hated that Leah went through pain for then to get to this point after all he loved her but also he hoped now the pain was over they would have happiness. Miles knew that he wasn't going to blow this chance with Leah after all he knew she was the love of his life.

As for Leah she was cleaning up the diner and began thinking about the pain she went through with Justin since he got sick. She had to admitted it was awful and she hated faking happiness with him but what she never expected was to have the courage to get out of the relationship and she knew the only reason she did was because Miles had returned to the bay. From the moment the pair reunited she was happy something she hadn't felt since he left which made her realize how she forced herself into relationships with Zac and then Justin. If she was honest now thinking back she should never gotten into those relationships or had let Miles leave the bay something she only realized now he was back. Leah then thought about Miles and all the happiness he had given her back then and since he returned. Leah knew in her heart she had always loved Miles and she also knew she wanted him to know that.

Chapter 20

It is the next day when Leah is working in the diner and Miles comes up behind her and kisses her check and she turns around and immediately hugs him as Chloe and Irene watch on. Miles holds Leah tightly and eventually the pair pull away "I was thinking we could go on a proper date tonight." Leah smiles at what Miles says "Yeah that sounds perfect." Miles smiles and kisses Leah "Awesome. I will pick you up from Irene's at seven." Leah nods as she kisses Miles again before watching him leave. Chloe walks up beside Leah "I'm glad to see you happy." Leah smiles at the teenager "Yeah well for the first time in a long time Chloe I am." Leah and Chloe smile at each other.

Leah walks in the kitchen shortly later to see Irene with crossed arms "What is it?" Irene looks at Leah "I'm happy for you guys but I think you need to tell Justin your dating Miles before he sees you guys together." Leah thinks about Irene statement and knows she right, she could imagine how he would react and didn't want that which meant telling Justin the truth and hurting him even more "Can I take?" Irene nods as Leah grabs her bag and races out of the diner.

Leah is walking towards the door of the Morgan's and to say she is nervous would be an understatement. She knocks on the door and then suddenly it opens and Leah is face to face with Justin. "Leah." Leah looks at her ex "We need to talk." Justin nods allowing Leah before following her in "What did you want to talk about?" Leah takes a breath "Miles and I we are together." Justin face suddenly changed to anger "How long?" Leah knew that would come "Since we broke up well a day or so after." Justin couldn't believe this "Did our relationship mean nothing to you?" Leah shakes her head "Of course it meant something and always will but Miles and I well Justin I think I never stopped loving him." Justin was now crying and Leah felt awful "I'm sorry". Justin gets up and opens the door which Leah knows as her cue to leave so she does and as Justin slams the door shut and she starts walking away she hears a punch to a wall and she knew she had truly hurt him.

Meanwhile Miles was talking to Ryder at Salt. "So can you get that table sorted and everything else sorted." Ryder smiled at the older man "Of course I can. I will make sure tonight is perfect for both of you." Miles can't help that smile "Thank you. I'm so grateful." He then grabs his wallet and hands Ryder a tip before heading off to leave. Miles knew that tonight was going to be great after all he was going on a date with Leah something he had wanted to do since he left. He couldn't be more excited and just hoped everything would go to plan.

Archived