Shane Parish - Dieter Brummer

On 30/07/2021 at 14:50, Old H&A Fan said:

Miss Cherry, the disgusting games he played with Rachel (a little girl far too young to be considered his "girlfriend" or to be involved in any sexual games, I mean come on......YUCK).

Jesse was a glorified car thief and other criminal, who Selina put up on a pedestal.

I also don't like what he did to Shannon when she was having her nightmares and vomiting in Mr Fisher's car.

Fair comment. Thanks for entertaining my curiosity, William. Kudos to you! 

You do realise that the 1995 character taking the **** out of Shannon wasn't "Jesse" but the same actor playing a different role , right? Or maybe your third point just a bit of wit from your part ?

I've been watching through 1991 and spotted Dieter playing a character called Alex who was involved in a fight with Blake and Haydn.  The character was one of the students coming from the merger of Mangrove River High and Summer Bay High that year, so 20 years before the River Boys, there was Dieter Brummer playing someone from Mangrove River and then the introduction of Tug as the first regular character from Mangrove River from the following year.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, dncllpyk said:

It wasn't a mistake. And who says that Shane is a boys name

Who says John is a boy's name?

Who says Adam is a boy's name?

I could go on all day.......

22 hours ago, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

I've been watching through 1991 and spotted Dieter playing a character called Alex who was involved in a fight with Blake and Haydn.  The character was one of the students coming from the merger of Mangrove River High and Summer Bay High that year, so 20 years before the River Boys, there was Dieter Brummer playing someone from Mangrove River and then the introduction of Tug as the first regular character from Mangrove River from the following year.

That was Shane alright, using the name "Alex". That was his previous enrolment at Summer Bay High before he re-enrolled the following year.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

Who says John is a boy's name?

Who says Adam is a boy's name?

I could go on all day.......

That was Shane alright, using the name "Alex". That was his previous enrolment at Summer Bay High before he re-enrolled the following year.

No it was a different character to Shane. If you don't have anything nice to say about Dieter or Shane then why are in this discussion? Some of us are still grieving for Dieter. So you saying not nice things about him and Shane is quite insensitive. I just googled the name Shane and its a unisex name. So definitely not just a boys name.

Edited by dncllpyk
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, dncllpyk said:

No it was a different character to Shane. If you don't have anything nice to say about Dieter or Shane then why are in this discussion? Some of us are still grieving for Dieter. So you saying not nice things about him and Shane is quite insensitive. I just googled the name Shane and its a unisex name. So definitely not just a boys name.

Hey I'm not saying unkind things about Shane Parish (the real Shane Parish, not the female baby called "Shane"). I don't know where you got the idea I was badmouthing him. He was one of the main reasons why I started watching Home And Away in 1992. I watched him go from someone who had a blood feud against Ryan, to being the victim of Tug's cruel setup, before rising through the ranks and getting together with Angel Brooks. He and Tug even made up eventually, and that was when even I found Tug to be a likeable character. Hell, he even tried to help Tug when he crashed Roxy's car.

RIP Shane Parish 1976–1996. Much-loved husband of Angel. Father of Dylan.

If we can have Male Leslies, Staceys and Ashley's, then we can gave female Shane's, or those that go against "The way things should be?"

And Rachel was Jesse's *daughter* for crying out loud! He may have been a crim and on the violent side (stint 2) but he was no kiddy fiddler!

• Like 4